The Student Room Group

Has anyone found a degree at Oxbridge easy?

Or have managed to get by without doing much work?

Of course there's people who just manage to coast by for GCSEs and A levels, but can a similar thing apply to uni as well? As much as I dislike the Oxbridge fetishes on TSR, it is pretty much accepted everywhere that Oxbridge degrees are more academically challenging than most others in the country so I thought that would make a better example.

Edit - Not meant to be in chat, please move to relevant subforum
Yeah, every historian.
Reply 2
Bump.
Reply 3
I don't imagine it's too common for people to completely cruise to the very top of their year but there are plenty of people who come out with firsts without particularly applying themselves.
Sure. Especially if they don't mind scraping a 2.1 rather than gunning for a first all year.
I wouldn't say any degree at Oxford is completely easy, but one can (in some courses) be quite tactical and 'play the game' so to speak, in order to get good marks relatively easily. I think the music degree at Oxford is quite a good example of that :yes:

Whilst my degree wasn't a walk in the park at all, the rigorous preparation and continuous jumping through hoops over the three years means that almost all my year group were undoubtedly over-prepared for their final year exams. Even I, with almost no revision, managed to get half my overall degree marked at either a 2.1 or a First.

To my mind, there's something a bit wrong with an Oxford degree where you can do next to no revision and still get a high 2.2 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending