The Student Room Group

Ideal profession of your partner?

If you could choose which profession your partner had, what would it be?

Me personally? Police officer. I'd love to be with a woman who deals with roughness every day. Even better if she was a firearms officer.

She could chain me up anyday, hit me with her baton. Whisper in my ear that I've been a naughty boy and I need to be punished.

Yes, it's Friday evening, and as is tradition, the quality of threads on here is deteriorating!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by navarre

Me personally? Police officer. I'd love to be with a woman who deals with roughness every day. Even better if she was a firearms officer.

She could chain me up anyday, hit me with her baton. Whisper in my ear that I've been a naughty boy and I need to be punished.

I recall reading somewhere that those in positions with the most 'power' are also the most likely to want to be without power in their personal/love lives.

I'd want my partner to be in the best paying profession they could which offered the most flexibility around working times and working from home.
Couldn't care less as long as it's what he wanted to do. Can't stand it when people moan about their jobs but do nothing about it. Ambition is an attractive quality.
Original post by navarre

That's perverted.

Sounds like your ideal profession for your would-be wife is a SLAVE.
Whatever hipsters do :colone:
In my daydreams: successful musician/artist/film maker/something else creative.

In reality: don't really mind. If I had to guess I think I'll probably end up getting with a fellow medic though :dontknow:
Reply 6
Original post by Democracy
In my daydreams: successful musician/artist/film maker/something else creative.

In reality: don't really mind. If I had to guess I think I'll probably end up getting with a fellow medic though :dontknow:

Ew, not a fellow medic. I really don't wanna end up with another medic as a partner, but I admit, it's statistically likely.
Original post by Cormac Easton
That's perverted.

Sounds like your ideal profession for your would-be wife is a SLAVE.

A slave to justice, sure.
A degree (bachelor's or masters) in science or history.
What would be even more attractive is a PhD in the sciences :biggrin:
And yes, I too desire of a PhD in chemistry and I'm working continuously for that PhD. :rolleyes:
A scientist/journalist really!
Original post by navarre
Ew, not a fellow medic. I really don't wanna end up with another medic as a partner, but I admit, it's statistically likely.

It's not something I'm aiming for :tongue: Like you say, I think it's just statistically more likely to happen though.

Unless...where can I meet a successful and up and coming young film maker or artist? :wink:
tbh i wouldn't be too bothered but ideally a writer or musician, maybe also teacher <3
(edited 9 years ago)
Housewife
I don't really mind what they do except if it's like illegal but that is.... yeah any job except if it's illegal.

But, in my daydreams, probably a lawyer or an engineer.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 12
Oligarch (preferably)
Ideally someone I could have a good conversation with and could learn from. It could be someone with the same/similar profession or someone with a completely different occupation. I don't think I'd mind too much. :tongue:
Maybe an academic. Or the same as me. I'm not sure. I'll probably be forever alone, anyway! :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dentist or teacher
Boyfriend dearest owns a business and some houses which he rents out. That's as ideal as it can get for me. :biggrin:
football playing king in space
Reply 18
Chef..really can't cook to save my life :frown:
Original post by navarre

She could chain me up anyday, hit me with her baton. Whisper in my ear that I've been a naughty boy and I need to be punished.!

Pretty much my average Friday night :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest