The Student Room Group

Offers

What is the difference between uncontional offer and conditional? I'm sorry, I'm not from UK and there are some things I can't understand :smile:
Original post by Asik4
What is the difference between uncontional offer and conditional? I'm sorry, I'm not from UK and there are some things I can't understand :smile:

I'm not exactly sure so. I might be wrong but I think conditional offer is when they give you an offer based on your current results or if you achieve certain grades, if you fail to get that, they'll reject you.

And I think unconditional is when you're denied

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
I'm not exactly sure so. I might be wrong but I think conditional offer is when they give you an offer based on your current results or if you achieve certain grades, if you fail to get that, they'll reject you.

And I think unconditional is when you're denied

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

Not quite true (unconditional doesn't mean you've been denied, it's the opposite actually!)

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/types-offer
Original post by Asik4

An unconditional offer is usually give out by universities when someone has already achieved the entry requirements. It means that they have the place already if they choose to put it as their firm. A conditional offer means the applicant has to achieve certain grades in order to get the place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asik4

A conditional offer has conditions that you need to meet between the time the offer is made and 31 August 2015 to get your place (outstanding exam results, proof of qualifications etc).

An unconditional offer has no conditions to meet - you could fail all your exams and you would still get a place.
Original post by Asik4

If a university really wants you, they will offer you a place no matter what grades you get in your exams. This is usually given to people who have already completed their exams but can be given to good applicants as well.

A conditional offer means that the university will give you a place as long as you get the grades they ask you for.
Reply 6
Thanks all of you for help :smile: So if I will have my IELTS exam in February I can send my applicantion now, and add my results later?
Reply 7
Original post by Asik4
Thanks all of you for help :smile: So if I will have my IELTS exam in February I can send my applicantion now, and add my results later?

Definitely. Do not wait until February to apply. To get a fair chance of a place you need to apply no later than the 15th of January. There is a space on the UCAS form for you to put your IELTS registration number if you already have one but you can send the universities your results when you receive them.
An unconditional offer is exactly as it says. You have a place at that university no matter what. And you don't necessarily have to have done your A2 exams already. There was four people In my sixth for last year who got unconditional offers from different universities. In some cases, the university may ask you to sit an entrance exam if your personal statement is amazing but your grades aren't that great or if you meet certain requirements. I know Aberystwyth offers this...

A conditional offer is one where you have a place, should you meet the conditions of entry, i.e, grade requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thanks all of you for help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending