The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I personally dont like them, they tend to be far too childish for me, as well as the ridiculous jokes :rolleyes:
Reply 2
well i like thier jokes beacuse theyre so bad they make me smile but at a level i found out that too much stuff was missed out.
Reply 3
i liked because it takes me age to learn something so they made it slightly easier for me to learn from, although i did use other books aswell.
Yeah the jokes are terrible, but na I dont use them anymore. I used em for gcse because thats all that was about i guess!
Reply 5
I bought the chemistry, biology and maths ones the other day, and I think they are excellent.
i bought the bio, chem, physics and psych ones at AS, and they were adeqquate I suppose, but they didn't cover everything. I was disappointed, considering they were quite expensive, costing me £40! :frown:
Reply 7
Solely using them at A2 level Sociology got me an A... bless the CGP people!
I don't like the way they highlight/underline/embolden every word. Why not save ink and highlight nothing instead, without changing the text's importance :rolleyes::p:
Reply 9
I loved them at GCSE, but the AS Maths one I got was pretty rubbish to me.
Reply 10
They're great for AQA B AS biology and AS Chemistry.
The AS Chemistry one was great, haven't used them for anything else.
The jokes are great! I've been with CGP since KS2, and it's never failed me!
Reply 13
I hate them with a passion! We got given free ones in Year 6 (and then set every single homework from them!), and not only did the jokes really irritate even my off-the-wall sense of humour, I found that their questions tend to be really, really badly worded and the books don't cover things properly. Bah.
Reply 14
they do miss out some key points or over simplify them
Reply 15
getting other books such as heinmann and little module books

I use some of the Heinemann texts as well and the module books from Philip Allan Updates. I feel that the CGP books do not cover a wide range of subjects at A-Level. They were fairly useful at GCSE, but they don't cover any of the subjects I am taking at this level. I would imagine they lack detail for discussive subjects such as English, but could be quite useful for Maths/Sciences where different skills are needed.

Latest

Trending

Trending