The Student Room Group

RCSI Medicine Applicants 2015

Didn't see a thread for this so might as well! Anyone else applying to RCSI and how're the applications coming along?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you heard anything back yet? :/
Reply 2
Original post by jadys10
Have you heard anything back yet? :/

Nope! Application are still open I think
Hi everyone,

I have both EU and non-EU nationalities, so I believe I 'can choose' to apply as EU or non-EU (I would only apply as an international if I can get a scholarship back in my home country).
I just wanted to ask how competitive and how hard is it to get in or at least to be offered an interview (considering my predicted A-level grades are AAAAB- B in Chemistry).

Any opinion is appreciated, thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by rafaelpires
Hi everyone,

I have both EU and non-EU nationalities, so I believe I 'can choose' to apply as EU or non-EU (I would only apply as an international if I can get a scholarship back in my home country).
I just wanted to ask how competitive and how hard is it to get in or at least to be offered an interview (considering my predicted A-level grades are AAAAB- B in Chemistry).

Any opinion is appreciated, thanks.

rafael, as an international applicant, your predicted would be definitely sufficient. However, I believe that eu applicants require a much higher grade- AAAAA, with 1/5 of the price though.

if this is a safe option, go for non-eu
Reply 5
Hello everyone,

I need a little help. I would like to know if there are any structures for personal statement and reference letter? It does not say anywhere as far as what I have been looking at.

Also, I am currently taking the IB. I am not sure if I need to take the IELTS or not? I actually saw a website that you don't need to. But in case if it is required, what is the requirement for IELTS?

Thanks
Reply 6
Hi

How do you know your application has been received? do you get a confirmation as am finding this CAO application quiet weird...
anyone from the caribbean applying with CAPE grades?
Reply 8
lol this thread is sooooo deaddddd
Has anyone heard back yet? I feel like they've forgotten that they have to have an admissions process to get new students.
Reply 10
Not a whisper from them!
Reply 11
Where does the interview normally take place? I'm from Malaysia and do they conduct interview in malaysia? If not, the interview will be held on skype?
Reply 12
Has anyone heard anything back? Nothing since November for me.
Reply 13
Original post by shyaamb
Has anyone heard anything back? Nothing since November for me.

Nothing at all. I think I would give them a ring if there's still no news by feb. When did the people last year get interviews?
Reply 14
Well tbh, their deadline is the 1st of Feb, and then give them a few weeks after that, and only then would they start sending us their decisions. Hopefully it's not too late though.
Reply 15
I applied with Atlantic bridge and haven't heard anything back yet. Should i be worried???
Original post by LTAJizzes
Nothing at all. I think I would give them a ring if there's still no news by feb. When did the people last year get interviews?

I applied to RCSI last year and I received an invitation on the 12th of March last year and so did my friends. :smile:
Original post by RexOh
Where does the interview normally take place? I'm from Malaysia and do they conduct interview in malaysia? If not, the interview will be held on skype?

The interview I had last year was a video interview where they gave me a login information and then they gave you questions and then you record yourself within time limits. There were no interviewers which was a pretty strange way to conduct an interview I would say. I am not sure about this year though.
Reply 18
Just got an invite for the interview. But it's for an online interview which is a bit new.
Reply 19
Original post by shyaamb
Just got an invite for the interview. But it's for an online interview which is a bit new.

got an invite to interview too! Online thingo haha

Quick Reply

Latest