The Student Room Group

Some reasons a girl hasn't had a boyfriend

Hi, there have been a few such threads but I am still interested ... I am 21, I go out a fair share, I am active and take care of my looks and figure but I have not been in a long-term relationship so far. I have had two opportunities but for circumstances out of our control, it didn't go further than two weeks each time. If it wasn't for that, don't know what would happen. So first, what are some reasons a girl hasn't had a serious boyfriend by 21 (apart from the obvious, like not caring about looks, etc.)? Second, what should I be doing to be genuinely attractive to men (i.e. not just physically but for a long-term relationship)? What kind of personality traits do you men like in girls? I would love a relationship and think I could make a good girlfriend so any advice is appreciated. :smile:
I didn't have a boyfriend until I was twenty-one either, and that's okay! :smile: I'm not exactly sure why I didn't have one earlier - it could be that I only wanted a serious relationship and was therefore not particularly flirtatious and rather cautious around boys, but it could mostly be because I've only been to girls' schools and so I didn't have many chances to meet boys until university.

It sounds like you're on the right track, as you've received a couple of advances before. It really could just be down to circumstances - meeting someone you can click with is truly a hit-and-miss. And to answer your second question: every guy would have different preferences, so don't change yourself to suit anyone. But being friendly has never put anyone off, so just make use of opportunities to meet new people, and smile while you're at it. Good luck! :smile:
Religious/shy/awkward/intimidating/boring/rude etc.
I think a big part is approachability. Giving a guy a smile always makes him feel much more at ease. Do you have any interests guys are likely to share- sports, film, tv? Don't be bitching too much either.
small breasts
you already have a great thing going for you, that you have not had 100+ sexual partners like so many girls your age seem to have. guys respect that a lot
Just smile often at guys if you make eye contact. It makes you seem approachable and so they feel more comfortable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Multitalented me
Religious/shy/awkward/intimidating/boring/rude etc.

What do guys consider intimidating or boring? Probably depends on the guy, too ...
Original post by Anonymous
What do guys consider intimidating or boring? Probably depends on the guy, too ...
For me boring is if they're just not enthusiastic in conversations or doesn't have many interests. Intimidating is just like negative body language, like a bitch face instead of a smile & just seeming more approachable :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Talking about make up, shopping, your friend's personal lives, famous people's personal lives, and reality tv is boring.
Reply 10
OP we are the same it would seem i am the same age and had similar guy experience but can not find someone suitable despite doing all the smiling and pleasantries so hun you are not alone :frown: wishing you a lovely guy to come your way soon :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending