The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Adult nursing swansea September 2015 intake

I have an interview for swansea university December 18th 2014 for September 2015 intake. Any tips for the interview guys, don't know what to expect in a group interview :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an interview on the 18th December too. I think it's group tasks where you discuss a topic, an individual task which is in the clinical area and another group task. It's very relaxed. Did you go to the open day? An admissions tutor came to my college last week and basically said be yourself. They are looking for genuinely nice people :smile: I'd read up on a few recent health issues in the nhs because I think the topics we discuss will be based around them. Are you from Swansea? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Puddca
I have an interview on the 18th December too. I think it's group tasks where you discuss a topic, an individual task which is in the clinical area and another group task. It's very relaxed. Did you go to the open day? An admissions tutor came to my college last week and basically said be yourself. They are looking for genuinely nice people :smile: I'd read up on a few recent health issues in the nhs because I think the topics we discuss will be based around them. Are you from Swansea? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not from swansea im from bridgend, Havnt been on a open day, looking up health topics as I speak. Hopefully won't be too nerve racking, thanks for the info
Reply 3
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Puddca
Good luck! :smile:

You too, is it at 9.15, are you doing the access course or a levels ? 😃
Reply 5
Yes 9.15. I'm doing an access course. what about you?
Reply 6
Same her, I need 3 more distinctions that's all hopefully I be ok
Reply 7
I started mine in September, haven't had any results back yet from assignments. Got a lot of work to do but I'm determined :smile: fingers crossed for you! Was it hard getting distinctions?
Reply 8
Original post by Puddca
I started mine in September, haven't had any results back yet from assignments. Got a lot of work to do but I'm determined :smile: fingers crossed for you! Was it hard getting distinctions?

Not that hard, just got to go into depth and put a lot of hours in, sociology is the hardest subject by far, otherwise our teachers are very supportive so we have a great understanding of each assingment.
Reply 9
Original post by Puddca

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, my interview is on the 18th too at 1.15. I was going to post a similar question but have read the reply. It's so good to know, it sounds much more relaxed than other places. Good luck!
I'm from the Bridgend area too, Porthcawl. I had an interview on the 12th and I agree with previous comments - its relaxed and they are looking for genuinely nice people - be yourselves! Im praying the outcome of my interview is good
Reply 11
So glad to hear that, i have no idea what to expect or to prepare for so this is a comfort! Hope you hear soon, before Christmas would be ideal wouldn't it?:smile:
Reply 12
How did you find the interview guys? I thought it was fantastic. really enjoyed :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I found it a really interesting experience. Despite my initial nerves, everyone was so friendly I soon relaxed. The best part was the individual tasks, as nursing is a hands on job and it made it real.
The wait for a reply is the hardest part as if i do get an offer, i will need to sell my house asap, so i hope it doesn't take too long!
Reply 14
Very clever way of interviewing people I thought. I was more nervous about the individual tasks but they were great! Enjoyed talking to the staff and student nurses also. The waiting is tormenting, April seems so long away. I'm sure he said that a few might hear soon?
Reply 15
Original post by Puddca
Very clever way of interviewing people I thought. I was more nervous about the individual tasks but they were great! Enjoyed talking to the staff and student nurses also. The waiting is tormenting, April seems so long away. I'm sure he said that a few might hear soon?

They said it might be May but some would hear sooner - as soon as i do i will let you know...good luck!!
Reply 16
Has anybody applied for Adult Nursing with Swansea but on the Carmarthen campus?
Reply 17
Original post by Puddca

I still haven't heard anything..have you?
I have an interview for Swansea on Friday & I'm so nervous!!
Has anyone got any advice or tips?
Xx
Reply 19
Original post by Meganjonees
I have an interview for Swansea on Friday & I'm so nervous!!
Has anyone got any advice or tips?
Xx

Hi,

just try and relax and be yourself. They are really friendly so there's nothing to worry about. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest