The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I got a D at AS Level and brought it all the way up to an A so it can be done. I did Nuffield though so not quite the same course. I didn't really find any websites useful at all, but I did just go into town one day and blow a couple of week's wages on revision guides, about six in total I think. Then I just got loads of lined paper and used folders and dividers to write a file of notes for each module of the course, using first my textbook and class notes, then cross referencing in material from the other guides. That's my best revision advice - write it all out about five or six times, using different wording. Then when it gets nearer to exam time, condense it all further onto postcards and do as many past papers as it is humanly possible to lay your hands on because they often recycle the questions so it's a great way to familiarise yourself with the style of the exam board. Good luck.
Reply 2
Hi I resat 2 as modules despite having an a a nd a b because they'r far easier points to get than at A2 and you've already learned it once anyway. Also went in once a week in the big holidays and my chemistry teacher agreed to do an extra hour a week with me at school and give me past papers to do as homework and mark them- ask!! or find a tutor who's at uni and already done well at chem to take you for an hour or so a week. Good luck, I know its hard. I got a B - 2 marks off an A and they tok me, so there's light at the end of the tunnel! work your ass off- its only a year and goes really quickly xx
Reply 3
past papers r the best way 2 betta in my opinion cus thy giv u lots of practice at answering questions in the same format as u will have put in front of u in the exam....if u can learn how 2 cope with the phrasing of the questions and how 2 apply ur knowledge 2 the questions u will do fine. Even if u no everything you hav been tought it does not give u a certain a grade, understanding and applyin the knowledge is far more important.
Reply 4
Im resitting two as modules in january!! Organic chemistry is horrible!!! is it true that liverpool offers give you the grades you must achieve but say that they can be in any subject (ie you can get 2 As and a B but the B can be in chemistry?!!!) I hope so!
Reply 5
Thats good news! Biology's my favourite subject......id so much ratha have to get an A in biology to secure my place!.....that is being optimistic enough that they offer me a place! haha!
Reply 6
well chem is my best subject...and bio is gd but im not as gd as chem in it. i havnt taken any exams yet as im only at as level atm but ive got 6 modules in jan, 1 in chem, 1 in bio, 1 in physics and 3 in maths cus im taking it with the further maths so i will of completed maths a level by the end of this yr!
Chemistry just requires practice. What I do is after each topic, I summarise on an A3 sheet of paper and then tackle some past papers. Also, make sure you keep asking things in lesson and don't leave it and think you can do it at home. Often, you will need to be taught it first
Reply 8
DartsOfPleasure
Chemistry just requires practice. What I do is after each topic, I summarise on an A3 sheet of paper and then tackle some past papers. Also, make sure you keep asking things in lesson and don't leave it and think you can do it at home. Often, you will need to be taught it first

Tell that to my teacher geez.

He gives us Amine and Benzene questions which we havent covered in class. i only managed to get 80% by guessing - GEEZ!

Nah chemistry can be fun, it can also be manageable. Just keep ontop of it and make sure that you know your stuff. Pester the teachers to teach you, thats what they are paid for.

Latest

Trending

Trending