The Student Room Group

im in my last year of studying politics a level and I still have no clue

I failed the exams last year (got an E ans a D) so I will have to repeat this summer as well as do the exams for this current unit and I'm struggling to find motivation to do work, revise, listen in class. Our teacher goes on and on and is really dull and isn't at all strict which makes putting in effort harder. I can't even remember how everything works, I know probably 30%of what I should know compared with my other subjects in which I knowand understand about 70-80% of the information im given. But politics feels like learning a new language to me. Maybe the dullness makes me want to block it out but theres so many terms and so much new vocabulary at once that when I read it or listen to my teacher speak I dont know what to imagine like I would if he used more 'simple' terms and words. I just go blank and daydream through most of the lessons. I need help :frown:
Have you tried sitting infront of class? Usually that can help? Does your teacher upload the lectures online? So that you can get access to them and make notes from online, when you feel unmotivated in the class.
I sat right in front of him last year and that didnt help and im still sitting at the front. It doesnt help me concentrate much, just makes it harder to not get caught eating lol. He doesnt upload anything no hr just gives us lots of notes, makes us read out in class and gives us essays which we do at home by copying from notes. Its so easy not to learn or focus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending