The Student Room Group

Goals for 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry do you like them or something? I don't know what they are TBH but they sound bad and everyone else was kind of burning each other so I thought why not.
Original post by Motorbiker
I'll come back around new year and make mine properly.

Way too early atm to make my targets imo. Maybe go to Powerlifting nationals in November and hit 210/125/240. Would be a 575 total.

211/210, accomplished

140/125, smashed.

200/240, lol no. I was recovering from injury at beginning of 2015 which I did in early Dec 2014 didn't start deadlifting again until late January. Also tried sumo.

Think there was a more accurate training goal thread on new years but this is what Google took me to.
Reply 82
Original post by BKS
Bit early to be sure yet, I'll probably use xmas as a rest week then max out, consider against 2014 goals and go from there.

Weight wise I want to get leaner to make space for more bulk but not setting any specific numbers, will go by eyes
I'd like to deadlift 180 but not at the expense of my back
I think my end of year bench will be 110ish so maybe 125
I think my front squat should progress much faster than it has been so maybe 140

:lol:

I look much better, best I ever have, but no re-bulk

I can deadlift again and I'm making progress but no where near 180. My back went to hell again then got to the best it has been since I injured it which is much better than any PB

Shoulder went to **** early on in the year, no bench progress

Still not progressing front squat but I'm not too far off having the mobility to get to depth with good form
My goals for 2016 is to accomplish the goals I set in 2012
Original post by Angry cucumber
To lift for more than 3 months with no injury hampering my plan

Big ask, but it'd be nice

Das it mane. Das it

Stronger than ever before. I did look a lot better around November but Xmas has crucified me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Appeal to reason
Assuming I can get back into the swing of things by feb or so:

225kg total (British U23 and English seniors qualification as a -77kg)
Back squat (depends on 1rm set this week), probs 185-190kg

TFW back squat went 165kg -> 165kg.

225 would've a big increase on my total, as I hit 168 before my wrist ****ed up (+57kg). Still managed 195 whilst spending 7 months of the year with a dodgy wrist. I think I might've achieved my goals had I not done my knee and wrist in back in August.

Also failed to choose a weight category
(edited 8 years ago)
Someone make a 2016 thread ?
Original post by SmellyProtein
Someone make a 2016 thread ?

Well volunteered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest