The Student Room Group

Question regarding school / teacher recommendation for UCAS

Hello everyone,

I am applying to several UK universities this year and I have a question about the UCAS application.

As I am applying through school, teacher's recommendation is needed. The question is if the teacher has to be of a subject I am applying to (for instance, if I am applying to computer science, does the teacher writing the recommendation have to be a CS teacher.). Can I ask for any teacher to write the recommendation?

Thank you for answers!
(edited 9 years ago)
For UCAS, all of your teachers will write a reference and then bits will be taken out and put into one overall reference to be sent off to UCAS so it's irrelevant asking which teacher to write the recommendation but you can tell your teachers if there's anything you've done that you'd like them to mention.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by astronautas
Hello everyone,

I am applying to several UK universities this year and I have a question about the UCAS application.

As I am applying through school, teacher's recommendation is needed. The question is if the teacher has to be of a subject I am applying to (for instance, if I am applying to computer science, does the teacher writing the recommendation have to be a CS teacher.). Can I ask for any teacher to write the recommendation, the one that just knows me the best.

Thank you for answers!

It can be any teacher although the one who writes the reference will include the opinions of all your other teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my school we don't get to decide. The form tutor does it, each of your subject teachers writes a comment about you and the form tutor puts it all together
Original post by Olympiad
In my school we don't get to decide. The form tutor does it, each of your subject teachers writes a comment about you and the form tutor puts it all together

This is how it is also done at my college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending