The Student Room Group

How to add someone on Facebook without coming across as a stalker

So I have spoken to people in the Gym or playing Basketball however I want to add them on Facebook.

How would I do this without coming across as a stalker?
... This is like THE question.
The unanswerable question.

The best tactic I've seen though..
A) if you've got mutual friends, just add them, pretend it was just suggested by facebook.
B) if not, go through their friends list, then add random people who you don't know or care about.. hopefully, a few will accept, then you can revert back to point A.
Original post by Saqua
So I have spoken to people in the Gym or playing Basketball however I want to add them on Facebook.

Original post by abbiemac

A) if you've got mutual friends, just add them, pretend it was just suggested by facebook.
B) if not, go through their friends list, then add random people who you don't know or care about.. hopefully, a few will accept, then you can revert back to point A.

Yeah, point A is a great excuse to give, provided a) you've actually met this person, and b) you have at least 1 mutual friend.
Original post by Saqua

Personally I wait until I've talked to people two or three times and am likely to do so again (i.e. we see each other regularly, we have a common hobby/work/friends) before adding them. But I know lots of people who add after they've met someone once! Maybe look at the number of friends of the people you want to add as an indication - if they've got 500+ friends it's likely they add anyone! If they've got more like 100 they might be choosier.
Original post by abbiemac

Good plan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Basically if you don't know someone at all, unless they fancy the pants off you, it's a bit weird to add them. If you know them a little it's fine..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending