The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Paras Agarwal
Anybody tried the three tier papers: Bronze, silver, gold? I did the c1 c2 and s1 gold ones right before my exams last summer. Really is the best to date :smile:

I found them like a week before my AS exams too. Can't remember if I found them useful though. I'll add a link to them in the main post when I'm on my computer.
best advice to get 90%?
Reply 22
Original post by Paras Agarwal
Anybody tried the three tier papers: Bronze, silver, gold? I did the c1 c2 and s1 gold ones right before my exams last summer. Really is the best to date :smile:

Yeah this is what I did for my pure exams (c1 c2)
Anyone started C4 yet. I have two teachers so we just need to finished vectors and integration but they are going waaaay to fast! I find it more challenging compared to core 3 though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hating the proving trig identities... I can do it but i still hate it :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Original post by Kill3er
I found them like a week before my AS exams too. Can't remember if I found them useful though. I'll add a link to them in the main post when I'm on my computer.

My teacher posted a bronze paper on his website....can you tell me how to get hold of the gold and silver ones? Plz..
Original post by zee600
My teacher posted a bronze paper on his website....can you tell me how to get hold of the gold and silver ones? Plz..

Gold papers can be found here: http://mathstallis.weebly.com/past-papers.html
Reply 27
Original post by BBeyond
Gold papers can be found here: http://mathstallis.weebly.com/past-papers.html

Tnx!
Original post by Chlorophile
I got 100% in my mock, I still hate C3. I can't stand all of the proving trig identities, it makes me sick.

whoah watch it mate. i feel insulted. trigonometry is beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Itsmonique
Anyone started C4 yet. I have two teachers so we just need to finished vectors and integration but they are going waaaay to fast! I find it more challenging compared to core 3 though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup...gonna start ch 5
Original post by Dylann
What about Statistics, 100s in them too, eh? Your favourite modules :wink:

Lol i actually got 100 in my s2 mock which was suprising since i did very lottle revision. im hoping to focus on my further pure and mechanics moduelss and core to get all those 100s and if stats pops in i wouldnt mind haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zee600
Yup...gonna start ch 5

Ugh I hate vectors!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zee600
Yup...gonna start ch 5

how is your school so far ahead? are you doing further maths? we haven't even done c3 differentiation yet! :frown: kinda jealous
Original post by PinkElephant16
how is your school so far ahead? are you doing further maths? we haven't even done c3 differentiation yet! :frown: kinda jealous

lol my school we have finished c3 c4 s2 and doing m3. and ive done fo2 myself! were further maths though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long would C3 Trig take to master in terms of days?

I need to fully understand 1) double angle. 2) addition formulae. 3) factor formula. 4) that Rcos0 thing.

I was planning on watching exam-solution videos, understanding the formula's and followed up with past paper questions.
C3 upcoming mock test - help?

It's coming up to Christmas time, when we would get mock tests once again. My class would most likely
have a C3 Mock test before we break up on the 19th December.

Any tips recommendations for preparing for the C3 mock test. I want nothing less than 80% to prove to myself,
although I only need a '70%' (b) in the exam for my university choice.

My Plan:
1) Re-watch all of exam solutions videos.
2) Do textbook questions on primarily trigonometry although mix it up with other topics.
3) Past papers from Edexcel [Jan 2009-June 2013]
4) Solomon papers.
5) Silver/Gold papers. (Which are posted on this thread :smile: )

I'm planning on leaving June 2014 towards the real exam, other than that how is my revision plan above?
The timeline for my revision plan is from Dec 4th - Dec 12th/17th; would I have enough time to cover everything in
my plan for the C3 Mock? :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Will there be an FP2 or FP3 thread?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
C3 upcoming mock test - help?

It's coming up to Christmas time, when we would get mock tests once again. My class would most likely
have a C3 Mock test before we break up on the 19th December.

Any tips recommendations for preparing for the C3 mock test. I want nothing less than 80% to prove to myself,
although I only need a '70%' (b) in the exam for my university choice.

My Plan:
1) Re-watch all of exam solutions videos.
2) Do textbook questions on primarily trigonometry although mix it up with other topics.
3) Past papers from Edexcel [Jan 2009-June 2013]
4) Solomon papers.
5) Silver/Gold papers. (Which are posted on this thread :smile: )

I'm planning on leaving June 2014 towards the real exam, other than that how is my revision plan above?
The timeline for my revision plan is from Dec 4th - Dec 12th/17th; would I have enough time to cover everything in
my plan for the C3 Mock? :redface:

Seems to hardcore man. You don't need to slave away for C3 or infact any maths modules. Just make sure you understand the content, for example in S1, all I did was go to class lessons and I did 0 past papers, started revising from exam solutions the day before and I still beat people who slaved for weeks before so mathematical ability is key.
Reply 38
Original post by Itsmonique
Ugh I hate vectors!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha...wish me luck,!!
Original post by Dilzo999
Seems to hardcore man. You don't need to slave away for C3 or infact any maths modules. Just make sure you understand the content, for example in S1, all I did was go to class lessons and I did 0 past papers, started revising from exam solutions the day before and I still beat people who slaved for weeks before so mathematical ability is key.

I understand where your coming from but there is that saying. :wink:
"The best mathematicians are those that practise consistently."

Latest

Trending

Trending