The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
It isn't on the syllabus, but that's a very nice question. (I assume you're meant to consider the parity of the factors?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

absolutely no idea, it's elmwood H so you could check the mark scheme
Reply 541
Original post by Guitardude165
Using Log rules (power one specifically) raise the 1/2 up to the 9 which becomes √9 (using indice laws) and therefore that becones 3. So e^1/2ln9 = e^ln3

Oh yeah... thanks!! :smile: :smile:
Original post by samb1234
What's the rsinalpha form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2root5(3thetha-1.107)
Original post by studentwiz
2root5(3thetha-1.107)

Sorry I'm on my phone right now so I can't easily see what you've done I'll have a look tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
It isn't on the syllabus, but that's a very nice question. (I assume you're meant to consider the parity of the factors?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i checked the ms for that paper and its not even answering the question :s-smilie:
the paper is Elmwood H if anyone's wondering
Original post by scriberg
i checked the ms for that paper and its not even answering the question :s-smilie:
the paper is Elmwood H if anyone's wondering

Original post by broconomist
absolutely no idea, it's elmwood H so you could check the mark scheme

THATS NO LONGER ON EDEXCEL SYLLABUS :biggrin:

My teacher confirmed with edexcel
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
THATS NO LONGER ON EDEXCEL SYLLABUS :biggrin:

My teacher confirmed with edexcel

you life saver! thank you
TO ANYONE WANTING PAST PAPER QUESTIONS, EASILY ACCESSIBLE, DOWNLOAD CORE 3 REVISION (EDEXCEL) https://www.tes.co.uk/MyPublicProfil...eTab=resources
how do you complete part c?

I did 11=a l 0-b l -1 but got b to =12 ?
1432382538154391877231.jpg
how do you complete part c?

I did 11=a l 0-b l -1 but got b to =12 ?

Hope this helps :smile:
1432382538154391877231.jpg

Hope this helps :smile:

thanks :smile: what about a im not getting the right answer why is it 2
(edited 8 years ago)
With the binomial shown in my notes, which validity would I choose? Because you work out the validity of both expansions but overall have to choose one, how do I work out which one it is? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432383258.075676.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks :smile: what about a im not getting the right answer why is it 2

Basically to find a, you first work out the gradient of the modulus part of the function which is -2, but since f(x) refers to the graph as a whole you have tonuse the normal gradient so its just 2. Im not entirely sure why but it works!
Basically to find a, you first work out the gradient of the modulus part of the function which is -2, but since f(x) refers to the graph as a whole you have ton use the normal gradient so its just 2. Im not entirely sure why but it works!

but isn't the gradient of the normal of -2 , 1/2?
but isn't the gradient of the normal of -2 , 1/2?

I didnt mean normal as in the normal to a curve, i just meant the part of the line which isnt the modulus part. Also the lines arent perpendicular to each other. Its just the reverse.
Can someone help me with part c? I'll post the Pic in a second
I didnt mean normal as in the normal to a curve, i just meant the part of the line which isnt the modulus part. Also the lines arent perpendicular to each other. Its just the reverse.

oh right, yeah thanks ! :smile:
Reply 558
Anyone know 100 ums boundary for June 2013? I think Arsey's is wrong on the reaource thread and Edexcel dont tell you on there grade boundariea section.
Original post by JaySP
Anyone know 100 ums boundary for June 2013? I think Arsey's is wrong on the reaource thread and Edexcel dont tell you on there grade boundariea section.

64 for the normal paper, 73 for the R paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending