The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Is anybody else learning C4/M1 over this Christmas break? If so, which one are you learning out of C4/M1 during this Holiday? Are you still practising C3 or not as much?

I'm focusing on C3, however I have to go though M1 for my resit in June. I was also thinking of self teaching C4 vectors and integration before we cover them in class, so I have more time for C4 exam practice. However I doubt I'll start C4 before my C3 mocks now.
Original post by Kill3er
I'm focusing on C3, however I have to go though M1 for my resit in June. I was also thinking of self teaching C4 vectors and integration before we cover them in class, so I have more time for C4 exam practice. However I doubt I'll start C4 before my C3 mocks now.

Did u sit this years one then? It was pretty hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kill3er

yeah i heard c4 integration and vectors and not very easy and the questions are hard. I'm already working my way through the textbook so that before our school reopens i have an idea of what happens in c4
Original post by Paras Agarwal
yeah i heard c4 integration and vectors and not very easy and the questions are hard. I'm already working my way through the textbook so that before our school reopens i have an idea of what happens in c4

It's not as hard as u think. Integration stays the same the questions don't really change per year. Same with vectors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Original post by physicsmaths
Did u sit this years one then? It was pretty hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, did pretty bad. Doubt I would have done much better if it was an easier paper though :P
Original post by Kill3er
Yeah, did pretty bad. Doubt I would have done much better if it was an easier paper though :P

Oh Kool. I know quite a few people resitting next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Anyone know when M1 is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 167
Original post by zuzu096
Anyone know when M1 is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3rd June
Nice congrats ! I have mocks after Christmas but prefer it that way as I have more time spread over to continue my work ethic in learning C4/M1 Maths and also practising C3 aswell. Yeah, C3 isn't too bad once you have fully understood trigonometry. :biggrin:

Careless mistakes happen either by rushing due to poor time management or panicking by acknowledging that one specific question can determine your university place. (Kinda sounded dramatic :tongue:)

Once your in your own zone in the exam scoring 80-90% isn't too bad as long as you put the time and effort in beforehand. :smile:

Yeah I agree I did rush some parts because I knew the final few questions would be hard but they actually weren't too bad lol. I'm only doing c3/4 D1 (only do normal maths) year so I should be fine. We haven't really gone past partial fractions in C4 and we have one chapter left in D1, so lots of time to learn c4 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
Yeah I agree I did rush some parts because I knew the final few questions would be hard but they actually weren't too bad lol. I'm only doing c3/4 D1 (only do normal maths) year so I should be fine. We haven't really gone past partial fractions in C4 and we have one chapter left in D1, so lots of time to learn c4 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What made you chose Decision 1 Maths than Statistics/Mechanics?
I heard that people generally find Decision maths quite boring as it isn't really maths involved.

What applied module did you study last year?
Hi everyone :h:

:eek: Never thought such a thread existed lol

How's it going with C3?
What made you chose Decision 1 Maths than Statistics/Mechanics?
I heard that people generally find Decision maths quite boring as it isn't really maths involved.

What applied module did you study last year?

I only do normal maths so last year I did S1 as my applied and this year D1 because it's easier (imo) than S2. There is still maths just perhaps not what people are used to. It's easy and want an A* so by reducing the stress involved with my 3rd unit I can allocate more revision time to C3 and C4. If I get 180/200 in C3+C4 (A*) Then I only need 12/100 in D1 to get an A* overall lol.
Reply 172
Original post by Mary562
Hi everyone :h:

:eek: Never thought such a thread existed lol

How's it going with C3?

Revision so far hasn't been too great for me, hopefully it'll pick up though. How about yourself?
Original post by Kill3er
Revision so far hasn't been too great for me, hopefully it'll pick up though. How about yourself?

Meh same, Wednesday already. 1 week and a bit to go and then back to school -.-, I need to knuckle down on C3 trig; can be confusing ^^. C4 I highly doubt I'd start it, but we'll see...:angry:
Reply 174
Original post by Cool-Light
Meh same, Wednesday already. 1 week and a bit to go and then back to school -.-, I need to knuckle down on C3 trig; can be confusing ^^. C4 I highly doubt I'd start it, but we'll see...:angry:

Can't even do the basics when comes to trig. I'm going to go have to go through the two chapters in the book again :frown:
Original post by Cool-Light

I'm in the same boat with time management. I've mastered C3 Trigonometry (such a relief) but I'm questioning on whether should I start C4 or M1.

C3-C4 core maths is so much straightforward in scoring 80-90% but Mechanics is where dreams are shattered. :frown: This is coming from a Physics student. :sadnod:
Original post by Kill3er

I've just started revising - I'm in Vienna atm but so far so good
Hey guys, any chance of some S2 help? When drawing a probability density function for X as below, as 1 is not equal ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419618713.202580.jpg to x but to 3x^2/14, you draw it as 3/14 and not as 1 right?

If that's the case, why is 1 the mode??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
Original post by V0ldemort17
Hey guys, any chance of some S2 help? When drawing a probability density function for X as below, as 1 is not equal ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419618713.202580.jpg to x but to 3x^2/14, you draw it as 3/14 and not as 1 right?

If that's the case, why is 1 the mode??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll probably get a better response it you make a thread with your question here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Original post by Kill3er
You'll probably get a better response it you make a thread with your question here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending