The Student Room Group

Anyone feel their experience of uni has been tainted by their financial situation?

Living on £15-£20 a week for over a year, not being able to go out, buy clothes, eat out or join many societies just sucks! If I knew it was going to be like this I feel like I would have pursued other avenues etc.
Reply 1
Original post by Cityking94
Living on £15-£20 a week for over a year, not being able to go out, buy clothes, eat out or join many societies just sucks! If I knew it was going to be like this I feel like I would have pursued other avenues etc.

Maybe get a part time job? It sucks, parents can't do much to help sometimes and student loan is enough. I feel for you. You've been amazing to survive for so long. Remember you've got a 100% track record for surviving through bad days so far :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jadys10
Maybe get a part time job? It sucks, parents can't do much to help sometimes and student loan is enough. I feel for you. You've been amazing to survive for so long. Remember you've got a 100% track record for surviving through bad days so far :smile:

Haha words of wisdom right there! :smile: I guess I might have to. It's just I don't want it to intrude on my studies as it's extra responsibility on top of an already heavy workload. :/
Reply 3
Original post by Cityking94
Haha words of wisdom right there! :smile: I guess I might have to. It's just I don't want it to intrude on my studies as it's extra responsibility on top of an already heavy workload. :/

Yeah I understand. But organise your time well and you can do anything. This Oxford guy on YouTube, he does so much! I still wonder how he manages to handle all that, worth watching this:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UeaeiaMBN7w
Reply 4
Most Unis have a hardship fund. And Natwest used to offer a student overdraft which did not have to be paid back until after graduation! Swallow your pride mate and get the help you deserve. And well done for surviving on that amount as long as you have!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending