The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Shreerac1
Hey,

If you start to find you're spending all your free time on a forum how do you go about breaking the bond? This has happened to me before, a few years ago, and I have no memory of how I broke the 'addiction'. Serious advice please.

Not asking the question on a forum would've been a good start.
Ron Stoppable
The author of the article I've taken points from writes for people who have the time to read his mammoth pieces. This forum is for students who live fast lives. Editing with great largesse is highly necessarily to package solutions in accessible vehicles for target audiences. :wink:

Sorry but that's a load of crap, Mr Stoppable. You have used his exact words, made them relevant to TSR and passed them off as your own. You even have it in your sig as your own 'reppable wisdom'.

I don't mean to be a turd, but that is a rather sly thing to do. By all means use his material and give a link to his site, but don't try to make out that you are the genius behind it. :cool:
Reply 22
:dito:
put your fingers in the blender, and then you wont be able to type! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Ron Stoppable
The phrase "recent reppable wisdom" does not mention the source at all - let alone allude it to me. :rolleyes: Sue your primary school reading teacher, Joeyboy.

Does seem a bit misleading though.
Ron Stoppable
The phrase "recent reppable wisdom" does not mention the source at all - let alone allude it to me. :rolleyes: Sue your primary school reading teacher, Joeyboy.

The phrase 'recent reppable wisdom' is written on your signature, and is linked to a post which you made, stolen from a source that you didn't credit. So you quite clearly want people to think that it is all your own work.

:creep:
Reply 26
PseudoPhoenix
put your fingers in the blender, and then you wont be able to type! :biggrin:

Ok I just did that and now my hands hurt :frown:

I'm typing with my nose.
Shreerac1
Ok I just did that and now my hands hurt :frown:

I'm typing with my nose.

in that case put any other pokey bits on the blender, or better still, and less painfully place the computor in the blender!
Reply 28
PseudoPhoenix
in that case put any other pokey bits on the blender, or better still, and less painfully place the computor in the blender!

Now my groin area hurts :frown:
Ron Stoppable
Don't make naive assumptions and never add spin. I'm pretty direct, so if you don't get a clear picture, you can ask for clarification.

Putting a spin on the truth is what makes some history books untrustworthy. It belongs in courtrooms. Now, tell me jeffers, are you a QC at the tender age of 20? :rolleyes:

I'm not a QC, sadly. But I do have a somewhat deep-rooted hatred of plagiarists, especially those in denial.
Ron Stoppable
...like waaaarm, apple pie.
source: American Pie (1999) | writing credit: Adam Herz

Hilarious.

I'm bored of this now. If you refuse to even acknowledge that what you did was misleading and wrong, fine. It's your loss of integrity, not mine.
Reply 31
That is pretty funny actually.
Shreerac1
Now my groin area hurts :frown:

son, you've learned a valuable lesson there! never do what an ideot tells you to do... you could get hurt! :p: