The Student Room Group

Need another GCSE. What are the easiest options?

I have already passed:

RE
Urdu (Foreign Language)
English
Maths
Business

I am an A2 student but need 2 more Gcse's to get into the Uni of my choice. Since I have a lot of A-level exam preparation to do, I need something easy to pass. I'm thinking ICT. Is it easy to pass for an A-level student?
Also what other option should I go for that is easy and the Universities will accept.
ICT would be a fairly easy option for you so would something like media or core science. Are you doing them alongside your a levels at college/sixth form? :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
ICT would be a fairly easy option for you so would something like media or core science. Are you doing them alongside your a levels at college/sixth form? :smile:

ICT coursework was SO long O_O

But for me, I found Latin and foodtech easiest
IT is a fairly good subject but the work load is big, you'd need a lot of motivation for that
Original post by R Dragon
ICT coursework was SO long O_O

But for me, I found Latin and foodtech easiest

Foodtech is quite easy but there's a lot of coursework for that as well
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Foodtech is quite easy but there's a lot of coursework for that as well

Ahh that's true, my school had double awards for food tech so for me it was worth it xD
Citizenship is easy (literally general knowledge)- buy the CGP revision guide and you'll be sorted. (You can do short-course and that is generally classed as a whole GCSE)

Also Sociology and core Science are quite easy.

ICT is ridiculously easy BUT the workload is massive. I've only heard of ICT as an OCR National, in which there are no exams, just coursework. If this is the case for you then I would discourage it as there is a hell of a lot.

Maybe Arabic? :smile:

And I'm sure you can do Economics at GCSE too.
Reply 7
I'd like something that I don't have to do coursework for, I can sit an extra paper but definitely no coursework as I am giving private exams at a centre that only lets you sit exams as an external student.

If I do ICT, which board is best?
I gave economics and got first E then resit D... I'm put off from trying again with that.
Maybe sociology isn't a bad idea.. can it be done without coursework.
Is citizenship counted as full GCSE and do unis accept it?
Reply 8
ICT may be hard to find a centre for - IGCSE has practical exams, GCSE ICT has coursework. Sociology, pyschology and law at GCSE have no coursework. IGCSEs in science have no practical to do.
Reply 9
I'd go for RE because you can waffle answers..a few of my friends did zero revision for it and came out with B's
Reply 10
I have already done RE.. And got A* with last day studying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending