The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU 2015 advice??

Hiya, I've just recently sent my ucas application off and was wondering what LJMU is like? Unfortunately I missed the open day due to some problems at home. Is it a good uni to go to? So far I've heard it's good, what's the nightlife like and what are the best buildings to stay in for student accommodation?

Went to an open day at uni of beds just because it's close to some family members (didn't really want to go, I've heard it's a bit rubbish) and I was disappointed in every part of it.
Reply 1
Original post by emilyjx
Hiya, I've just recently sent my ucas application off and was wondering what LJMU is like? Unfortunately I missed the open day due to some problems at home. Is it a good uni to go to? So far I've heard it's good, what's the nightlife like and what are the best buildings to stay in for student accommodation?

Went to an open day at uni of beds just because it's close to some family members (didn't really want to go, I've heard it's a bit rubbish) and I was disappointed in every part of it.

Hey,

I'm going to LJMU in 2015 too and I have heard that it is amazing by my friends who are in their first year now. The nightlife is supposed to be one of the best and you'll get to experience it all at freshers.

I am currently in China so I was really hesitant about going to uni being too far away to see the uni, but my friends have nothing but praise for it.

As for accommodation, I am going for North-Western, because it is the cheapest and the most central so easy for my course (which is at the IM Campus) so I have to have access to nearby trains.

I hope this has helped and I look forward to seeing you at uni, hopefully!!! :smile:

Best of luck
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Callum284
Hey,

I'm going to LJMU in 2015 too and I have heard that it is amazing by my friends who are in their first year now. The nightlife is supposed to be one of the best and you'll get to experience it all at freshers.

I am currently in China so I was really hesitant about going to uni being too far away to see the uni, but my friends have nothing but praise for it.

As for accommodation, I am going for North-Western, because it is the cheapest and the most central so easy for my course (which is at the IM Campus) so I have to have access to nearby trains.

I hope this has helped and I look forward to seeing you at uni, hopefully!!! :smile:

Best of luck

Thank you :smile: my friends have done nothing but praise it too so I'm itching to go, my course says that it's located on the main site of the university do you know where would be closer to that??
Reply 3
Original post by emilyjx
Thank you :smile: my friends have done nothing but praise it too so I'm itching to go, my course says that it's located on the main site of the university do you know where would be closer to that??

Nearly all the accommodation is based in the city centre just the ones I am going for are recommended for IM Marsh because they are situation near the train, haha. Just if you check what you loan might be on the student finance calculator, that will give you a rough idea of what accommodation you can afford... And don't be worried about how little you will have left after your rent have been paid, it is the same for everyone... We will all just need to learn how to budget (North-Western is the cheapest accom. and Apollo Court is one of the nicest)

Hope this helps :biggrin:
I'm hoping to go to LJMU in september. I got a conditional offer for Physical Education which i will be studying in the IM Marsh Campus. I have no clue what accommodation to apply for yet! I was told my LJMU that the recommend Grand Central but I think I'd like to be in North Western Halls
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi guys. I'm a second year law student at LJMU, so if you have any questions feel free to ask or to PM me :smile:
I put LJMU Geography as me firm choice, anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending