Absolutely not24%
Total votes: 54
[Redacted]
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Yourolddeer
Please explain why you do/don't.

As for me, I do. The story is really quite complicated, but it involves basically love from first sight...and just...wow. I really don't want to go into detail on here.

There's one destined for you somewhere on this planet amongst 8 billion people....
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes because I finally met her a couple of months ago :smile:
Reply 3
Yes. Because it is what everyone needs amidst the hurly burly of work and life stresses and in my experience it exists..
Yeah I think so. But it's hard to distinguish between loving someone or lusting after them.
Reply 5
Yes I do. I believe there is a select person in life you may find that you can truly connect with in all senses and they are your soulmate, it goes a lot further than just having an attraction to someone and getting on well with them. I have met mine. Some people may have a few soulmates in their life and some only have one but I do believe in soulmates in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
I think that it is real, however I think you get to determine who that person is.

I don't believe in "fate", however if you meet someone and love them so much that you want to spend the rest of your life with them, then you can go ahead and make them "the one".
Ha, I have to see this to believe it. Until then - no.
No, because logic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Yourolddeer
Please explain why you do/don't.

As for me, I do. The story is really quite complicated, but it involves basically love from first sight...and just...wow. I really don't want to go into detail on here.

I do, but I think they're rare. If you find them, you're really lucky. I doubt it'll happen to me.
I think there is more than one person for everyone and it's as much meeting the right person as being ready for it yourself :smile:

I believe it's a mixture of timing + the right person :biggrin:

I think it's a bit naive to think there is only 1 person in the entire world for each of us (doesn't make any sense!)
Reply 11
Yes, because if there aren't life has no meaning. I just hope that there is someone out there who was made for me, but knowing my luck I might be the only person in the world that is doomed to be unhappy forever.
Original post by mhelof
Yes, because if there aren't life has no meaning. I just hope that there is someone out there who was made for me, but knowing my luck I might be the only person in the world that is doomed to be unhappy forever.

I'd say the opposite. It's only our free will that makes life worth living. If things are pre determined, you're just acting out a script.

I find the concept irritating and self absorbed. Yes, there's children starving, war crimes, horrible birth defects, but some mystical life force is looking after your love life because you are so special. It isn't enough that you've found a loving, happy relationship, it has to be that they are the only one in the world for you, how special your coupling are, it isn't that love is something we are all capable of and tend to feel when with the right person, it's so incredibly rare for something as great as your relationship.

Rather than keep going, here's Tim Minchin-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZMIgheZro
Reply 13
Well I don't believe in souls for a start. But beyond that the idea that people would have a realistic chance of meeting their one true love is wishful thinking and then some.

Original post by Mankytoes
I'd say the opposite. It's only our free will that makes life worth living. If things are pre determined, you're just acting out a script.

Just because there's no free will doesn't mean you'd be acting out a script. The future could be both undetermined as well as not being uninfluenced by free decision.
Reply 14
Original post by Mankytoes

I don't see it as something that is limiting you. I think it is a beautiful idea that you're living your life and all this time there is someone who is as unique as you and you two are destined to meet. You may say it's romantic or cliché or cheesy or whatever, but I personally adore the concept that everyone has that only one person they belong with and they were always meant to be. Also, thinking that even though now life may be hard or you may be unhappy but there is someone who is everything you need is reassuring. I would feel crushed without that hope. I can't comprehend and accept the fact that there may be no one who is going to love me (mutually) but maybe it's just me believing in one true love.

Besides, if they are the best for you, why would you complain that you don't have free will? I'd accept anything if it was going to make me happy.
Yes, we were friends since childhood then decided to take it to the next level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, but both sides have free will to fulfill their destiny...
Original post by mhelof
I don't see it as something that is limiting you. I think it is a beautiful idea that you're living your life and all this time there is someone who is as unique as you and you two are destined to meet. You may say it's romantic or cliché or cheesy or whatever, but I personally adore the concept that everyone has that only one person they belong with and they were always meant to be. Also, thinking that even though now life may be hard or you may be unhappy but there is someone who is everything you need is reassuring. I would feel crushed without that hope. I can't comprehend and accept the fact that there may be no one who is going to love me (mutually) but maybe it's just me believing in one true love.

Besides, if they are the best for you, why would you complain that you don't have free will? I'd accept anything if it was going to make me happy.

But people do die without meeting someone they love. Children die. Why isn't this universal force working for them? Or does it not care about things like cancer, just certain people's love lives? Why are you so special that it is going to find you love, when other people can't find clean water?

That's like the old question, if someone offered to inject you with a substance that would make you go into a coma, but you'd imagine a perfect life that would be so happy, you'd never have any clue it wasn't real, would you take it? Clearly you would. For me, liberty and freedom are more important. Truth is important in itself.
I do believe. But that hasn't always been the case. Until a few months ago, I never believed in soul mates. I never before imagined the possibility of finding a single perfect person that you know you're meant to be with, and this conviction is held with absolute certainty. It's not based in fantasy, but rather on an unexplainable feeling. True love transcends my thought processes. I never used to believe in love or soul mates or any of that malarkey. But this has all changed. I found my soul mate and she turned my world upside down. She gave me something I've never had before, made me experience feelings that I never knew existed. Once you find your soul mate, you know. In my case, it truly was love at first sight. I can't quite believe how everything fell into place. It really was love at the very first sight, yet another expression that has been proven to be true in my experience. I knew since the very beginning that she's my special girl. I had never felt this way, not toward any being or entity. And yet I find myself thinking about my friend all day long and longing for her, resting comfortably knowing that she loves me in the same way that I love her. We forged a bond so strong that the mere thought of losing her fills me with sorrow. She is everything to me. A good friend, a decent person, a kind soul, my ideal companion. Normally, I don't care much for overused clichés but in this case I must make an exception, because no other words or phrases exist to describe how I feel. Or perhaps I need to work on my vocabulary and literary technique... but that's besides the point. I am not on trial here.

I'm not sure if a soul mate exists for every individual out there but I am certain about one thing, which is that I have found my soul mate. She had been out there all these years, waiting for me to find her and make her mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes absolutely :smile: There is absolutely nothing like being with that person you know you're meant to be with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending