The Student Room Group

A2 AQA psych- do researc studies count as A02?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of writing out notes, and transforming the notes into essay for the topics I'm doing in PYA4 psych, but I was wondering, is it okay to use research studies as A02 content eg "this study supports x theory because..."?

Also, are we still expected to dissect research studies in term of ecological validity, demand chars etc as much as last year, as I've noticed these things aren't really mentioned in the book. I'm guessing the evaluation has to be a little deeper this year?

Thanks to anyone who can let me know! :smile:
If the question asks "name a study that supports X", you'll get AO1 marks for naming/describing the study, and possibly AO2 for evaluating it. If it's a longer question and says "refer to empirical evidence in your answer", then mentioning the study is AO2.
Yes, I think using a study to help criticize or evaluate a theory would count as AO2. But you have to use the study solely for criticising or evaluating, ie. don't just describe it.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies :smile:

Revd Mike, most of my questions will be "outline and evaluate" (I just have 3 24 mark essays to answer in my exam).
Reply 4
Criticising a lack of ecological validity and/or sample sizes it a bit easy, so yes, they'd expect more.
Reply 5
Yeah I thought that mipmapped- It's a bit first year. I won't be doing it, except maybe in the synoptic paper or something.

Latest

Trending

Trending