The Student Room Group

Thinking of leaving university?

I'm in my first year of uni, and I'm still really not enjoying it..
It's not really the social side of things, I like that part, it's just I'm not enjoying my course at all, I don't feel involved in it, I've got no motivation to go to lectures or do the work and as a result I've been missing so much recently.

I'm thinking of leaving, it's just I haven't fully made my mind up yet..
I'm just mindful that if I wait until after christmas (eg think about it for the 4 week break and then decided to leave) I'd have to pay back a massive amount of money and have to pay my tuition fees for the second term, even if I left on the first day back?
Is this true?
Reply 1
Original post by magicalwishes
I'm in my first year of uni, and I'm still really not enjoying it..
It's not really the social side of things, I like that part, it's just I'm not enjoying my course at all, I don't feel involved in it, I've got no motivation to go to lectures or do the work and as a result I've been missing so much recently.

I'm thinking of leaving, it's just I haven't fully made my mind up yet..
I'm just mindful that if I wait until after christmas (eg think about it for the 4 week break and then decided to leave) I'd have to pay back a massive amount of money and have to pay my tuition fees for the second term, even if I left on the first day back?
Is this true?

It's hard to get into university, you might regret this one day, don't give up so easily. Giving up is easier than facing the problem, but facing the problem will make you stronger. Just don't make any spontaneous decisions.
Reply 2
Uni is hard to get used too, don't worry too much about motivation at this point as first year is really just a taster to get you used to the whole life and experience of what you have to learn etc. I've seen a lot of people drop out and a lot of them regretted it, I also have been so close to leaving but just stuck it out and I'm glad I have as it's not as intense as it's made out too be as long as you actually do a bit of work in second year! Just keep yourself busy and don't hide in your halls room everyone's in the same boat so don't worry that you don't feel 100%, speak to your tutors too they'll be able to help you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending