The Student Room Group

Gap year or university?

Hey guys, What does everyone think of gap years? Is it worth taking a year out and gaining experience etc or better to just get straight into university?
Reply 1
Original post by MattDSommerville
Hey guys, What does everyone think of gap years? Is it worth taking a year out and gaining experience etc or better to just get straight into university?

I'm planning a gap year. Jacksgap has given me loads of inspiration on what to do in that year, you should check them out on YouTube. It's personal preference really, because universities don't mind taking students that take a gap year or straight from finishing alevels. Most people take a gap year out as a break from all those years of education.
I think it's good if your want to gain more experience, especially if it's related to the course you want to do at uni

thats what Im thinking of doing anyways, but haven't really decided yet
Original post by jadys10
I'm planning a gap year. Jacksgap has given me loads of inspiration on what to do in that year, you should check them out on YouTube. It's personal preference really, because universities don't mind taking students that take a gap year or straight from finishing alevels. Most people take a gap year out as a break from all those years of education.

Thank you! Ill check them out :smile:

Having taken one, I feel like I'm getting so much more out of uni than I would have had I gone straight from school - if anything, you get a perspective on life out of education. The amount of people I meet at uni who could have done with a gap year is unbelievable... Not to say it's for everyone, but a lot of people could benefit from one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I think taking a gap year is a great experience because you have the whole of your life to go to university then settle down :smile:
Hi Matt,

I am Amit from RateMyApprenticeship. It is great you are thinking about doing a gap year. Our website has a host of reviews of people who have embarked on a gap year scheme of some sort. Have a look at ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk via this link to find out more information: http://goo.gl/7vuiS8

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest