The Student Room Group

First Year Vacation Schemes/Insight Days 2014-15

Hey!

Anyone considering for applying for such schemes/days? I've sent off my app for CC and currently working on Macfarlanes. Most of the others seem to open on 1st Jan!

Scroll to see replies

Applied for six so far, got a place on Davis Polk and Latham & Watkins programmes, passed Clifford Chance's verbal reasoning for their springboard scheme so just waiting to hear back from them and the three others. Loads opening in Jan so will definitely be applying to the likes of A&O, Links, Weil and Herbert Smith Freehills.
Reply 2
Ahh good luck :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Yeah I'm busy applying atm, planning on getting the main ones off e.g links and A&O (when they open) DLA Piper, Freshfields and Hogan Lovells. Hate the verbal reasoning test though such a chore..
Original post by iano101
Yeah I'm busy applying atm, planning on getting the main ones off e.g links and A&O (when they open) DLA Piper, Freshfields and Hogan Lovells. Hate the verbal reasoning test though such a chore..

Verbal reasoning was annoying, got a few friends who failed it. CC's scheme does look pretty awesome though - 4 days with 1 spent in a foreign office (Paris I think) and getting paid £300 odd for it!
Reply 5
Original post by Unsworth
Verbal reasoning was annoying, got a few friends who failed it. CC's scheme does look pretty awesome though - 4 days with 1 spent in a foreign office (Paris I think) and getting paid £300 odd for it!

Yeah I failed CC's test after spending around 4 hours filling out their application.. What percentile did you get? Yeah is one of the best first year programmes
Reply 6
Original post by iano101
Yeah I failed CC's test after spending around 4 hours filling out their application.. What percentile did you get? Yeah is one of the best first year programmes

Where did it say your percentile?
Original post by iano101

Sorry to hear that mate, but plenty more left anyway! I'm not sure, don't remember being given a percentile, did you? Is fairly good, the best ones look like CC's, A&O's, Links, Weil and Hogan Lovells this year. Weil's especially - if you get a place on their week long fast track scheme then they guarantee you a place on a vacation scheme in second year! (assuming there are <15 places or something)
Reply 8
Original post by Lucilou101
Where did it say your percentile?

They emailed me about two days after saying I scored 50 and I needed 68 to go forward
Reply 9
Original post by iano101
They emailed me about two days after saying I scored 50 and I needed 68 to go forward

Oh okay - my email just said I'd passed! Would love to know more info though :smile:
Reply 10
Oh okay - my email just said I'd passed! Would love to know more info though :smile:

ahh well done, I don't think it matters apart from sifting the first people out.
Sorry to hear that mate, but plenty more left anyway! I'm not sure, don't remember being given a percentile, did you? Is fairly good, the best ones look like CC's, A&O's, Links, Weil and Hogan Lovells this year. Weil's especially - if you get a place on their week long fast track scheme then they guarantee you a place on a vacation scheme in second year! (assuming there are <15 places or something)

CC are considering giving you a guaranteed vacation scheme place if you get on the first year scheme :smile:
CC are considering giving you a guaranteed vacation scheme place if you get on the first year scheme :smile:

Ooh great even better. I spoke to the Grad Recruitment team at our law fair and the next stage (assessment centre) will be in late January!
Ooh great even better. I spoke to the Grad Recruitment team at our law fair and the next stage (assessment centre) will be in late January!

Week commencing 19th yup :smile:

Hey :smile:

I thought Weil did not do anything for first years... Could you send me the link please? :smile:
Original post by Caesar95
Hey :smile:

I thought Weil did not do anything for first years... Could you send me the link please? :smile:

Hey! How's things? :biggrin:

It's not on their website yet - but there's info about it here: http://allaboutlaw.co.uk/law-jobs/job/1762241/weil-gotshal-manges-first-year-fast-track-scheme
Hey! How's things? :biggrin:

It's not on their website yet - but there's info about it here: http://allaboutlaw.co.uk/law-jobs/job/1762241/weil-gotshal-manges-first-year-fast-track-scheme

Hi! I'm very well, thanks! Yourself? Hope you had a great Christmas! :smile:

Thank you so much!
Reply 17
Anyone had a response from Hogan Lovells yet?
Original post by iano101
Anyone had a response from Hogan Lovells yet?

For the vacation scheme right? Haven't heard anything myself, applied back in October - have you?
Reply 19
For the vacation scheme right? Haven't heard anything myself, applied back in October - have you?

I only sent mine off yesterday, due to having to wait for the referee, so heard nothing so far. Was just curious as to whether anyone had been sent tests or updates/invites yet as the deadline is pretty soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending