The Student Room Group

Old Mutual Global Investors - Investment Summer Internship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nemonilla
does anyone know what to expect on stage 1? the 'computer test' as they've called it

is it an excel test? finance test? numerical?

What division did you apply to? They sent us an email on what to roughly expect and they say it depends on your chosen division
Original post by Razina17
What division did you apply to? They sent us an email on what to roughly expect and they say it depends on your chosen division

equities

yes, i received that email but its still not clear what to expect

it says the test is paper based

any idea what to expect from that?
Original post by nemonilla
equities

yes, i received that email but its still not clear what to expect

it says the test is paper based

any idea what to expect from that?

No clue. I chose governance.

Good luck though :biggrin:
Anyone know what is roughly involved in the technical test? The email said "not only competency... " I thought the competency interview was stage 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I have no idea. Anything can come up on the test - they didn't really give us much to work with. I'd imagine it's best to cover your bases and hope for the best on the day! :smile:
Hey guys

Anyone did the assessment centre either yesterday or today? How did it go?
Reply 46
i am going to ask the same, i am applying for operation, and she didnt even mention whether the test is paper-based or computer based.

hope you all do well at ac
Original post by bs2613
i am going to ask the same, i am applying for operation, and she didnt even mention whether the test is paper-based or computer based.

hope you all do well at ac

Thank you. She mentioned which ones were paper and which ones were computer based but I just saw that there is nothing for operations. Good Luck though :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
How did everyone find it today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, has anyone heard back yet regarding next steps? Thought we were going to be told today...
Original post by StudentIntern321
Hi, has anyone heard back yet regarding next steps? Thought we were going to be told today...

No i believe its next week because people were doing the assessment centre on friday so its too early
Anyone heard back yet on next steps?
Anyone heard back yet on next steps?

Nope, she said we will find out by the end of this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aibekhsi
Nope, she said we will find out by the end of this week

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK great thanks
Reply 54
hi! does anyone know what to be expected in the 2nd round, still haven't heard back from her, just ask in advance. lol
Original post by bs2613
hi! does anyone know what to be expected in the 2nd round, still haven't heard back from her, just ask in advance. lol

You should of got an email from them on whats happening
Reply 56
You should of got an email from them on whats happening

So you've heard back regarding being invited to second round?
Has anyone heard back regarding the next round? I thought we were to know by today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aibekhsi
Has anyone heard back regarding the next round? I thought we were to know by today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still got nothing
Original post by TkTk
So you've heard back regarding being invited to second round?

Oh no they were just informing that there has been a delay on the process and we should hear back I believe today. The assessment centre is now being held next week instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending