The Student Room Group

Should I appeal Lancaster decision?

I've recently logged into UCAS to find a rejection from Lancaster University (for Beng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering).

I understand completely why my application was rejected. The course required that I obtain a B in GCSE maths, however I only achieved a grade C. It wasn't until recently that I realized this so it's my fault really.

I contacted them a few days before the rejection email, to see if my application might still be considered as I'm planning to re-sit my maths GCSE this year. They told me they would inform the admissions team and get back to me about what's going on with my application.

I'm guessing they weren't concerned about my re-sit considering the recent rejection.

It's a real shame too, because the grade requirements were DDM, and I was predicted D*D*D*

I'm wondering about whether or not I should email the admission team to appeal the decision, and inform them about my plan to re-sit the maths. I guess there's no harm in trying (most likely it's useless at this stage) but what are your guys opinion on this? Have any of you been through anything similar or could give me advice on the appeal process?
It is worth contacting them and asking if you were rejected for the GCSE grade. If so inform them again that you're resitting and ask if they will reconsider.

The worst thing they can say is "no" - in which case you're no worse off than you are now :smile:

Also did you include your GCSE resit in your education section? If not email [email protected] with the details and they'll add it to your education section.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It is worth contacting them and asking if you were rejected for the GCSE grade. If so inform them again that you're resitting and ask if they will reconsider.

The worst thing they can say is "no" - in which case you're no worse off than you are now :smile:

Also did you include your GCSE resit in your education section? If not email [email protected] with the details and they'll add it to your education section.

I got an email back from Lancaster saying they will re-consider my application!

I didn't realize that you could list qualification that you'd already achieved as "pending" if you were planning on re-sitting them. I've sent an email to UCAS regarding the GCSE maths and am waiting for them to get back to me.

Quick Reply

Latest