The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Has anyone started applying to Vine court or Crown place yet?

Liverpool sent me an accomodation email a few weeks back and I only just got round to start applying for it. It's not confirmed or anything yet but I decided to do it anyway. Has anyone else done the same? :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got one too! Straight after I received my offer. But I haven't actually started applying for the accommodation yet because I presumed it would be best to do so after I've done my firm and insurance and Liverpool will most likely be my insurance. I'm surprised they're letting people apply this early to be honest :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by sb97
I got one too! Straight after I received my offer. But I haven't actually started applying for the accommodation yet because I presumed it would be best to do so after I've done my firm and insurance and Liverpool will most likely be my insurance. I'm surprised they're letting people apply this early to be honest :smile:

Yeah true. I just went ahead and applied anyway but it hasn't been confirmed :biggrin:
Original post by howyoudoin
Liverpool sent me an accomodation email a few weeks back and I only just got round to start applying for it. It's not confirmed or anything yet but I decided to do it anyway. Has anyone else done the same? :colondollar:

I applied for my accommodation today after putting them as my first choice. I applied for Crown Place, what about you? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Charl0tte_Emily
I applied for my accommodation today after putting them as my first choice. I applied for Crown Place, what about you? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. It said I can do 3 choices so I did Crown Place twice (self catered, one was a single bed room and the other was a double) and as my third I did Vine Court (self catered/single) but it seems to be a bit more expensive.
Original post by howyoudoin
Same here. It said I can do 3 choices so I did Crown Place twice (self catered, one was a single bed room and the other was a double) and as my third I did Vine Court (self catered/single) but it seems to be a bit more expensive.

I put Crown Place down twice too as my first and second. I saw Vine Court was more expensive and I don't understand why, it can't be that different from Crown Place haha... So I put Greenbank as my third. Really hoping it doesn't come to that though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You should try for crown place as this is by far the best halls, and after that Carnatic or Greenbank. I would advise you avoid vine court.
Trust someone who's seen them all 1st hand
Vine court is nice inside and right on campus and not far to walk to shops/clubs/station etc, Crown Place is obviously really nice and cheaper! bit further to walk to town etc but only like two mins. I personally don't see anything wrong with Vine Court except its a tad overpriced? I wouldn't want to live off campus in student villages with the cost of a bus pass and having to rely on busses to get to lectures on time and obviously for nights out as well but thats just a personal preference. I've applied for Crown x2 and Vine, Liverpool is my insurance though so don't know if i'd get either if i ended up going. My boyfriend and other friends of mine all live on campus at Liverpool so i've seen most accommodation first hand as well.
I applied for Vine court as my first and Crown court of as my second choice a few weeks (or even a month maybe) ago, and still not heard anything back. I have an unconditional offer from last year so definitely going to Liverpool :smile: When do you think they will start giving out accommodation offers?
Original post by SophieLisa96
I applied for Vine court as my first and Crown court of as my second choice a few weeks (or even a month maybe) ago, and still not heard anything back. I have an unconditional offer from last year so definitely going to Liverpool :smile: When do you think they will start giving out accommodation offers?

I'm regretting not putting Vine Court down on mine so much now :-( wow that's great! What course? I saw somewhere that apparently you don't get accommodation offers until after your results...? No idea if that's true or not though! I want to know the same :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm regretting not putting Vine Court down on mine so much now :-( wow that's great! What course? I saw somewhere that apparently you don't get accommodation offers until after your results...? No idea if that's true or not though! I want to know the same :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely get the offer after results if you have a conditional, I'm not sure if it is different with an unconditional offer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying business management what about you?
I already have my A levels from last years and applied on deferred and have no accommodation offer yet so no idea when the offers will start ! I'm guessing maybe February or march next year because my friends last year started to sort out accommodation around then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have also applied to both crown court and vine...i feel like im not gonna get either because those 2 seem to be the most popular with everyones comments...howeveer i did select single sex preference being girls only and i do have some medical conditions so i dont know where i stand or whether i'll be seen as a priority also my offer for LLB with criminology was conditional
I'm about to apply!! Probs going to do Vine Court or Crown Place. I live in Liverpool but miles away from the city centre so it'll be amazing to have a 5 minute walk home after being out until 4am! :biggrin:
Original post by Capaldian
I'm about to apply!! Probs going to do Vine Court or Crown Place. I live in Liverpool but miles away from the city centre so it'll be amazing to have a 5 minute walk home after being out until 4am! :biggrin:

I put Crown Place down twice and Vine Court, seems like everyone on this thread has so far xD

i'm not good at early mornings!
Reply 15
I got an unconditional for history and politics, and ive applied twice for crown place, and my third option is on one of the student villages

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you email them they will be able to change it for you :smile:
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
if you email them they will be able to change it for you :smile:

Oh really? I'm guessing I'd just have to email the accommodation office and see ? I'll give it a go thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really? I'm guessing I'd just have to email the accommodation office and see ? I'll give it a go thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup that's what i did and they changed it for me:smile:
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
yup that's what i did and they changed it for me:smile:

Thank you! I sent them an email and am awaiting a reply, so fingers crossed 😇

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending