The Student Room Group

A2 History Coursework: 1855 - 1964 Tsars and the Communists

Hi, I'm in the middle of doing my coursework on whether the Tsars were more repressive than the Communists or vice versa. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas, books to recommend or historical debates on the subject? Thanks:smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Currently doing the same topic but as my exam topic, books I personally used and was recommened was Access to History Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964, probably a bit too heavy on content for coursework though.
A really good, if a little hefty book is: A people's Tragedy: The Russian Revolution from 1891-1924 by Orlando Figes. Your question itself is very interesting because the answer changes depending on whether you are grouping or viewing them as individual leader.
Original post by JCHHollingworth
A really good, if a little hefty book is: A people's Tragedy: The Russian Revolution from 1891-1924 by Orlando Figes. Your question itself is very interesting because the answer changes depending on whether you are grouping or viewing them as individual leader.

What exam board is this coursework for?
You'd have to ask the original poster, but i'm guessing OCR
Reply 6
Thanks for the help! My exam board is AQA :smile:
I'm doing the AQA coursework on Russian rulers too, but ours is focusing on World War One as the most significant turning point then considering other factors. I'm struggling with turning points regarding Stalin, any ideas?
You could use the Ezhovschina and other purges as an example of how it turned from a moderate government into a very harsh and brutal one. I don't know whether that classes as a turning point though..
Original post by Holly Beth
I'm doing the AQA coursework on Russian rulers too, but ours is focusing on World War One as the most significant turning point then considering other factors. I'm struggling with turning points regarding Stalin, any ideas?

To get to top marks in the 500 words source evaluation, how many books do you think are necessary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
My teacher told me to do around 5 or 6

Original post by maariyah97
To get to top marks in the 500 words source evaluation, how many books do you think are necessary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deepak96
My teacher told me to do around 5 or 6

Okay thanks, And how do you include synopticity throughout the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Contextualise your points.
Okay thanks, And how do you include synopticity throughout the essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Contextualise your points.

do you know the grade boundaries for this coursework, by any chance?
Reply 14
do you know the grade boundaries for this coursework, by any chance?

55 for an a*, 50 for an A.
55 for an a*, 50 for an A.

Thanks!!, you seem really adorable.
Reply 16
So do you :smile:
So do you :smile:

Sorry to keep pestering you with questions but do you know what each of the AO's mean?
Reply 18
Yeah, its very long to explain on tsr, perhaps you could send me your number?
Yeah, its very long to explain on tsr, perhaps you could send me your number?

Alright, i'll private message my number to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending