The Student Room Group

need some help;please;

hello everybody i'm mandy and i'm 16. i live in the netherlands :frown: but now i have to write an english report.#emo# :eek: it should be very easy for you al to help me with this report so it would be verry great when i got some good information.:blush:

my exercise is written in dutch whit the english meaning of the sentences there under. please write this for me so it is a great report:biggrin:
:tux:
alvast hartelijk bedankt,
thank you so very much
:party::party:

Write about a short holiday you had in an African country last year.
Follow the structure from the Checkpoint above.
Use these words in this order: It all began/ because/ So/ For example/ too/ All in all

Here is what must be in your report.
o Het begon allemaal omdat moeder iets anders wilde.
It all began because my mum wanted something different.
o Dus besloten: een aantal weken rondreis door Djibouti.
So we decided to travel to Djibouti for a few weeks.
o Heel leuk: avontuur!
Very nice: adventure!
o Bijvoorbeeld: toen een nijlpaard niet van de weg wilde gaan en voor de auto bleef liggen.
For example: when a hippo didn’t wanted to move his fat ass out of the way so we couldn’t drive forward.
o Maar ook: soms niet zo leuk.
But also: sometimes it wasn’t that fun
o Bijvoorbeeld: toen de auto kapot was: uren lang lopen in de hitte.
Also as an example: when the car passed out we had to walk hours and hours in the burning heat.
o Gevaarlijke wilde dieren.
There where also very dangerous animals, like lions, crocodiles and big snakes.
o Alles bij elkaar: een geweldige ervaring vorig jaar.
After all: it was an big experience last year.
o Zou het zeker weer doen.
I would defiantly do it again when I should get that opportunity
m@ndy

Very nice: it was an adventure!

For example: when a hippo didn’t want to move himself (fat ass just sounded a bit wrong :p:) out of the way so we couldn’t drive forward.

But also, sometimes it wasn’t that fun

Also, as another example, the car broke down so we had to walk for hours and hours in the burning (scorching? both would sound ok) heat.

There were also some very dangerous animals, like lions, crocodiles and big snakes.

(All in all?) it was a great experience last year.

I would definately do it again if I should get that opportunity

A few suggestions highlighted above...you overuse the semicolon : a bit...but it sounds alright :smile:
You can't just get people to write your reports.
Reply 3
lil_sweetie
A few suggestions highlighted above...you overuse the semicolon : a bit...but it sounds alright :smile:

That's a colon dear :p:
Meh, technicality :p:
Reply 5
Thank you very much for you reaction. And hello kitty, I had translated the sentences by my own but it is for me very difficult to get all the grammar mistakes out of it, (also because I am dyslectics) and for people which speaks English as well as I speak Dutch it is an easy job to help and lil sweetie I’m glad you helped me. Sorry when you’ve got the idea, that you should make my home work, but I only needed help by my grammar mistakes.
Reply 6
Very nice: it was an adventure!
For example: when a hippo didn’t want to move himself out of the way so we couldn’t drive forward. But also, sometimes it wasn’t that fun: as another example, the car broke down so we had to walk for hours and hours in the scorching heat.
There were also some very dangerous animals, like lions, crocodiles and big snakes.
All in all it was a great experience last year.
I would definitely do it again if I should get that opportunity

Whit the sentences up here I wrote this little story here under.

It all began because my mum wanted something different. Usually we stayed in our own country, but now we decided to leave the country and go to Africa. My parents, my sisters and I couldn’t decided to witch country we should go so we took a map, and a bug and we pulled into the map in the country Djibouti. And it was an great adventure! One time there was a hippo that didn’t want to move himself out of the way so we couldn’t drive forward. But there where also times that it wasn’t that fun. As an other example: when the car broke down so we had to walk for hours and hours in the scorching heat. There were also some dangerous animals in Djibouti. Like lions, crocodiles and big snakes. All in all it was a great experience last year. I would definitely do it again if I should get that opportunity.

:rolleyes:
when i made some other grammar mistakes would anyone please write that to me?
:tux:
mandy
It all began last year when my mum wanted to go somewhere different on holiday. Usually we stay in the Netherlands, but we decided to go elsewhere for a change of scenery and atmosphere. My parents, my sisters and I couldn’t decide to which country we should travel to, so we got hold of a map, and picked Djibouti between us. It was a fantastic. What an adventure! Whilst we were touring, there was a hippo that didn’t want to move himself out of the road so we couldn’t move the car to get around him. There were also times that it wasn’t as exciting and fun. For example; while we were there car broke down so we had to walk for hours in the scorching heat and burning sun to get petrol. Luckily we had plenty of water. Of course, there were some dangerous animals in Djibouti. Like lions, crocodiles and venomous snakes. But it was a great experience, and I really enjoyed it. I would definitely travel there again if I should get that opportunity.

I edited it to make it read a bit clearer and took out the spelling and grammatical mistakes. Any good?

Can I ask where abouts you are from?

I have a friend called Rena (16) who lives near Amsterdam. She's always amazed me with the standard of her English!
Reply 8
hi i live in dieren. when you translate that it would be animals:biggrin: but that is far waway from amsterdam, (about 2 hours traveling) what do you mean whit standart? that we only use the most simply words? i like english very much and i understand it really good but to write sencentes is a lot more difficult because when you think to long you dont even know the most easy words like house ore garden. by the way when you go to http://maps.google.nl/ and click on routebeschrijving (route description) and you fill in the words amsterdam by "vertrekpunt"(the place where you leave) and dieren by "bestemming" (where you wanted to go to) you see the route for traveling from amsterdam to dieren.
I mean her comprehension skills are really superior to my comprehension skills in German despite the fact we both studied the languages for the same amount of time.

Latest

Trending

Trending