The Student Room Group

Balotelli shares "racist" and "anti-semitic" joke, risking FA investigation

A bien pensant meme promoting a Japanese created "Italian plumber" who "looks like a Mexican" and speaks English is considered "anti-racist", but the double standards of the PC stasi are once again deployed when it is adapted to account for blacks and Jews.

Mario Balotelli could face a Football Association investigation after posting what appeared to be an image on his social media feed that included an allegedly offensive reference to race and Judaism.

The Italian posted an image about gaming character Super Mario with the words that he "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a jew".

The Liverpool striker quickly defended his actions on Twitter, though he also deleted the original Instagram post.

"My Mom is jewish so all of u shut up please," the Italian tweeted after receiving complaints about his original post.

Despite deleting the post Balotelli could still face FA action.

In 2012 Rio Ferdinand was charged by the game's governing body for a tweet which used the phrase "choc ice" which the FA said "was improper and/or bought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race".
Ferdinand was subsequently fined £45,000 after an independent regulatory commission found proven a charge of improper conduct.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/mario-balotelli/11266758/Mario-Balotelli-risks-racism-and-anti-Semitism-storm-over-Instagram-post.html

Scroll to see replies

He'll probably be punished. Its not double standards though, none of the others could be described as negative generalisations, 'grabs money like a jew' is probably considered a negative comment, and as such would bring the game into disrepute by making reference...etc.
Reply 2
I was with him until the Jew part. Now how could you be so stupid?
FA is a joke with this PC nonsense. Same with those French Muslim Footballers who did the Quenelle gesture that's meant to be an anti-establishment gesture. Of course it offended Jews, which is revealing that they see themselves as the establishment isn't it? :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Can't believe it's being investigated. His foster mum is actually Jewish so I highly doubt he's genuinely anti-Semitic. It's a joke, people make jokes about Irish people drinking too much, Italians being members of the mafia etc, and they don't get investigated. It's just banter. Think of all the Jewish jokes in Family Guy or South Park, written by Jewish writers, Jews love self-deprecation and having a laugh at themselves.
nuthin' wrong with a bit o' ratial banter.
Original post by RunsWithScissors
FA is a joke with this PC nonsense. Same with those French Muslim Footballers who did the Quenelle gesture that's meant to be an anti-establishment gesture. Of course it offended Jews, which is revealing that they see themselves as the establishment isn't it? :wink:

whats establishment?
He ought to show a bit more tact than to make negative comments about Jews.
Original post by Siman89
Can't believe it's being investigated. His foster mum is actually Jewish so I highly doubt he's genuinely anti-Semitic. It's a joke, people make jokes about Irish people drinking too much, Italians being members of the mafia etc, and they don't get investigated. It's just banter. Think of all the Jewish jokes in Family Guy or South Park, written by Jewish writers, Jews love self-deprecation and having a laugh at themselves.

One difference - Italians and Irish people weren't the recent subjects of genocide, nor do they (generally) face repeated ongoing violence for merely being Italian and Irish.

His stepmum is Jewish, so pretty plainly, he isn't and yeah, people poke fun at their own origins, but there's a difference between that and other people doing it.

A lot of 'PC' is actually just plain common decency.
Original post by rockrunride
He ought to show a bit more tact than to make negative comments about Jews.

why specifically about the jews?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
One difference - Italians and Irish people weren't the recent subjects of genocide, nor do they (generally) face repeated ongoing violence for merely being Italian and Irish.

His stepmum is Jewish, so pretty plainly, he isn't and yeah, people poke fun at their own origins, but there's a difference between that and other people doing it.

A lot of 'PC' is actually just plain common decency.

this exact reaction to the jews following the holocaust is what allows zionist israelis to commit genocide in Gaza
Original post by hdaindak
this exact reaction to the jews following the holocaust is what allows zionist israelis to commit genocide in Gaza

Not really. I'm no supporter of Israeli government policies towards Palestinians (which incidentally fall well short of anything even approaching genocide and it's a muddle-headed comparison at best and at worst a piece of anti-semitic racism to compare the two) but that doesn't stop me from recognising race-hate against Jews here in the UK when I see it.

Anti-semitism in public is being legitimised by the immigrant-bashing agenda of the right wing tabloids, UKIP and their supporters in the Tory party.
(edited 9 years ago)
What kind of people get offended by reading that?
Social justice warriors. I've seen that joke doing the rounds a few time before. It's nothing new.
The Jew part isn't very kosher. He should probably know better but then, football players aren't known for intelligence and common sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Balotelli needs to get his **** together and concentrate on his football. He's playing terribly.
Reply 16
There's nothing wrong with this in reality but he isn't a position to make these type of jokes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
It's ridiculous. The media loves flogging Balotelli.
Original post by thesabbath
A bien pensant meme promoting a Japanese created "Italian plumber" who "looks like a Mexican" and speaks English is considered "anti-racist", but the double standards of the PC stasi are once again deployed when it is adapted to account for blacks and Jews.

Mario Balotelli could face a Football Association investigation after posting what appeared to be an image on his social media feed that included an allegedly offensive reference to race and Judaism.

The Italian posted an image about gaming character Super Mario with the words that he "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a jew".

The Liverpool striker quickly defended his actions on Twitter, though he also deleted the original Instagram post.

"My Mom is jewish so all of u shut up please," the Italian tweeted after receiving complaints about his original post.

Despite deleting the post Balotelli could still face FA action.

In 2012 Rio Ferdinand was charged by the game's governing body for a tweet which used the phrase "choc ice" which the FA said "was improper and/or bought the game into disrepute by making comments which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race".
Ferdinand was subsequently fined £45,000 after an independent regulatory commission found proven a charge of improper conduct.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/mario-balotelli/11266758/Mario-Balotelli-risks-racism-and-anti-Semitism-storm-over-Instagram-post.html

I don't get what point you're trying to make here...
I laughed. who even gets offended by this? Get a life/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending