The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham firmers?

Anyone firmed Birmingham yet, conditional or unconditional? If so for what subject, and have you applied for accommodation? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Not firmed yet but I will be, just waiting on one more offer

I'll be studying psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by IAmEchelon
Not firmed yet but I will be, just waiting on one more offer

I'll be studying psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, I've firmed to do Psychology at Birmingham also :smile:
Original post by amberskye
Nice, I've firmed to do Psychology at Birmingham also :smile:

Cooool! Hopefully we'll be class mates
What are your accommodation choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Cooool! Hopefully we'll be class mates
What are your accommodation choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: at the moment it's Elgar Court, Chamberlain, Shackleton, Maple Bank, Tennis Courts and Mason (want to be on the Vale haha) but I'll probably change it over the next few months :smile: how about you?
Yeah :smile: at the moment it's Elgar Court, Chamberlain, Shackleton, Maple Bank, Tennis Courts and Mason (want to be on the Vale haha) but I'll probably change it over the next few months :smile: how about you?

Tennis, Mason, Maple, Jarratt Hall and Oakley
Wish there was more ensuite self catered choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Tennis, Mason, Maple, Jarratt Hall and Oakley
Wish there was more ensuite self catered choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there seems to be very different choices than what they advertised on the open days :s-smilie:
Yeah there seems to be very different choices than what they advertised on the open days :s-smilie:

Very different! It's like the changed it over night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone firmed Birmingham yet, conditional or unconditional? If so for what subject, and have you applied for accommodation? :smile:

Hi well im starting an Advanced Certificate in Autism for Adults at Birmingham in September- just firmed it the other day! I am going to be studying by distance learning so will only be coming to the Uni a few times cos I will be working full time too so it it is going to be hard. Cant wait :smile: xx
Firming for modern languages! Anybody else really worried about financing due to the price of accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
Firming for modern languages! Anybody else really worried about financing due to the price of accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meee! I get full loan and grant but I'm still worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meee! I get full loan and grant but I'm still worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking at around £7000 in maintenance loans and grants and then £2000 for a bursary from Birmingham. That leaves between £2500 or less to live on which seems unfeesable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking at around £7000 in maintenance loans and grants and then £2000 for a bursary from Birmingham. That leaves between £2500 or less to live on which seems unfeesable

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that £2500 after you've took off the accommodation costs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that £2500 after you've took off the accommodation costs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah give or take a couple of hundred. It sounds a lot but when you take into account food, social stuff, travel it's actually really not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah give or take a couple of hundred. It sounds a lot but when you take into account food, social stuff, travel it's actually really not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do we have two instalments of finance per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer for Law, quite tempted to firm it. Anyone else?

Also would anyone care to explain to me which accommodation is decent? I would be looking for en-suite and self catered, I didn't get a chance to look at the accommodation, I went on a campus tour and not an open day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Buxtonwater
I have an offer for Law, quite tempted to firm it. Anyone else?

Also would anyone care to explain to me which accommodation is decent? I would be looking for en-suite and self catered, I didn't get a chance to look at the accommodation, I went on a campus tour and not an open day.

Mason is ensuite and self catered in the vale, that's the only one I managed to look at.
The rooms were nice but the ensuite was a wet room. The kitchen area was modern and big
It's very expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mason is ensuite and self catered in the vale, that's the only one I managed to look at.
The rooms were nice but the ensuite was a wet room. The kitchen area was modern and big
It's very expensive

Not too fussed about the price as long as it's not a ridiculous amount, how much is it? Also, where is it?
Original post by Buxtonwater
Not too fussed about the price as long as it's not a ridiculous amount, how much is it? Also, where is it?

£6,164
And it's on the vale

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest