The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Natural Science 2015

I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to go to UEA for natural science. Has anyone got offers??? :biggrin:
I've been asked for an interview in February, so nervous!!
Reply 1
I've got an interview on Saturday, I'm looking forward to the applicant day but I don't know what to wear!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ovie1997
I've got an interview on Saturday, I'm looking forward to the applicant day but I don't know what to wear!

I have an interview on Saturday too!:smile: I'm going to wear smart casual: a dress, boots and a nice coat. Are you going with your parents? Im going on my own! So scared!
Reply 3
It's so much easier for girls to choose what to wear, I'm thinking of wearing a shirt with my nicest pair of black skinny jeans :smile: I'm going with my dad, but I'm sure you'll be fine! I wonder what the questions will be like?
Reply 4
It's so much easier for girls to choose what to wear, I'm thinking of wearing a shirt with my nicest pair of black skinny jeans :smile: I'm going with my dad, but I'm sure you'll be fine! I wonder what the questions will be like?

i really don't know, I've just been preparing for the standard interview questions such as why study at UEA etc. where else have you applied to?
Reply 5
Original post by Issaa
i really don't know, I've just been preparing for the standard interview questions such as why study at UEA etc. where else have you applied to?

I've applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, King's College London and Edinburgh, but I got a rejection from Cambridge and offers from Nottingham and King's :smile: What about you?
Reply 6
I've applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, King's College London and Edinburgh, but I got a rejection from Cambridge and offers from Nottingham and King's :smile: What about you?

i've applied to UEA, Lancaster, Exeter, Leeds and leicester :smile: I've got offers from Leeds, Leicester and exeter and I'm waiting to hear back from Lancaster :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Issaa
i've applied to UEA, Lancaster, Exeter, Leeds and leicester :smile: I've got offers from Leeds, Leicester and exeter and I'm waiting to hear back from Lancaster :smile:

Lancaster is a lovely uni, my cousin went there and she loved it :smile:
Reply 8
Lancaster is a lovely uni, my cousin went there and she loved it :smile:

Yea I visited Lancaster a couple of months ago and I loved it! I Hope I get the offer! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Issaa
Yea I visited Lancaster a couple of months ago and I loved it! I Hope I get the offer! :smile:

Good luck today! I'm sure we'll see each other there, even if we don't know it :smile:
Reply 10
Good luck today! I'm sure we'll see each other there, even if we don't know it :smile:

Haha probably. Good luck to you too! :smile:
Hi guys, I have my interview in Feb and was just wondering how the day went and what kind of questions were asked?
Reply 12
Original post by natmarina
Hi guys, I have my interview in Feb and was just wondering how the day went and what kind of questions were asked?
Hi :smile: my interview was just focused on the things I wrote in my personal statement. For example, the articles I read :smile: the interviewer was really nice and he made me feel really comfortable, it wasn't like an interrogation or anything :smile: but honestly it's not something to loose sleep over :smile: best of luck for it :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by natmarina

I had mine today..it's more about you and not like questions on your knowledge of the subject (UCL was like that). I was asked about my jobs and what I got from them, why UEA, why natural sciences, what I saw myself doing after, if my parent(s) went to uni etc. was really comfortable and easy going :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I work the open days/applicant days in NAT so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me on here or any of us in the lovely green tshirts when you're at a visit day! :smile: ^_^ Your interviews aren't scary at all when you're in there & all of the people who interview are lovely. You're generally paired with an academic who has similar interests to what you've expressed in your personal statement/based on your A Levels so if you're interested in biology and environmental scientist you're not going to be interviewed by a physicist and if you're interested in maths and physics you're unlikely to be interviewed by an environmental scientist!

I hope to see some of you when I'm working - I probably already have seen some of you! But the offer stands if you still have questions after an applicant day, feel free to message me. :smile:
Original post by DoDoBeDo
I work the open days/applicant days in NAT so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me on here or any of us in the lovely green tshirts when you're at a visit day! :smile: ^_^ Your interviews aren't scary at all when you're in there & all of the people who interview are lovely. You're generally paired with an academic who has similar interests to what you've expressed in your personal statement/based on your A Levels so if you're interested in biology and environmental scientist you're not going to be interviewed by a physicist and if you're interested in maths and physics you're unlikely to be interviewed by an environmental scientist!

I hope to see some of you when I'm working - I probably already have seen some of you! But the offer stands if you still have questions after an applicant day, feel free to message me. :smile:

Hey, I have an offer Natsci at UEA next year and im definitely going to put it as my insurance as I really loved the flexibility of the course and the university as a whole.
I was just wondering what the size of the course is/ how many Natsci's there are in a year group? and if you know anything about the chances of getting accomadation when its your insurance that would be great!
Reply 16
Original post by joanneeve
Hey, I have an offer Natsci at UEA next year and im definitely going to put it as my insurance as I really loved the flexibility of the course and the university as a whole.
I was just wondering what the size of the course is/ how many Natsci's there are in a year group? and if you know anything about the chances of getting accomadation when its your insurance that would be great!

It is pretty much the most flexible course of it's kind. I started as a chemist and I'm going to finish as an evolutionary biologist :P I couldn't have done that anywhere else!

& In my year there is about 30 people. It's really not a big cohort but the start of the year there are so many events that make sure you know the people in your year. I think they're hoping to take on a few more this year but I'm not entirely certain!

They don't guarantee accommodation for insurance choices; but this year ALL people who took a place - firm or insurance - and were eligible for accommodation (as in they came from more than 12 miles away) and wanted it, received it! They never make the promise of insurance getting university accommodation because it really does depend on the overall university intake - this September I think is going to be quite large (as there has been a number of unconditional offers that have been firmed from what I understand) so I wouldn't hold out for definite accommodation but they really do try. :smile: :smile: Hope that helps!
Original post by DoDoBeDo
It is pretty much the most flexible course of it's kind. I started as a chemist and I'm going to finish as an evolutionary biologist :P I couldn't have done that anywhere else!

& In my year there is about 30 people. It's really not a big cohort but the start of the year there are so many events that make sure you know the people in your year. I think they're hoping to take on a few more this year but I'm not entirely certain!

They don't guarantee accommodation for insurance choices; but this year ALL people who took a place - firm or insurance - and were eligible for accommodation (as in they came from more than 12 miles away) and wanted it, received it! They never make the promise of insurance getting university accommodation because it really does depend on the overall university intake - this September I think is going to be quite large (as there has been a number of unconditional offers that have been firmed from what I understand) so I wouldn't hold out for definite accommodation but they really do try. :smile: :smile: Hope that helps!

Thank you this is really helpful! It definitely seams like the most flexible course where you can tailor it so much to your interests.
Do you think its better that its such a small course?
Ah okay well that makes sense, I have put it as my insurance but with the grades needed for my firm I'm very likely to be going to UEA, so I will just hope for the best about the accommodation :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by joanneeve
Thank you this is really helpful! It definitely seams like the most flexible course where you can tailor it so much to your interests.
Do you think its better that its such a small course?
Ah okay well that makes sense, I have put it as my insurance but with the grades needed for my firm I'm very likely to be going to UEA, so I will just hope for the best about the accommodation :smile:

I think with it being a smaller course, the course director and head adviser know pretty much all of us by name (the director takes the freshers to the pub, on him, during freshers week! :wink: ) As we're taught with biologists and with chemists and mathematicians it's better that we're a smaller group as things like timetabling are more feasible with fewer of us to make it work for. Really because we're a small cohort, we have that flexibility. :smile:

Well I hope you get your firm, but if not I look forward to seeing you in September! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest