The Student Room Group

Have you ever cheated in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

No, but one time in an exam someone talked at the start and the invigilators just told him off and let it slide.

I never saw anyone cheat in exams or do anything that was against the rules. Not even the school chavs would do something like that.

Original post by Petick
Year 6 spelling tests

You didn't choose the thug life...
Original post by stoltguyboo
Can't say an exam but a guy on the course I am on got his friend to pass him all his old work (Which was distinction grade) and this guy has been copying off it for now 2 months but he got caught FINALLY! (Cheating scumbag) and he's been removed.

#CheatsNeverProsper

But me personally no way it's way to easy to get caught.

PRSOM (already used up my reps for the day)

As you say, cheaters never prosper, which is why I have never cheated in any serious exams.

Once, one of the teachers that went with me to my classes was invigilating a mock exam, and gave me a few tips - but since it was mock (year 10) it really didn't matter, and I didn't do any better in my mock than I did in the real exam.

Though since it wasn't intentional on my behalf, I wouldn't call it cheating :tongue:

Ever since that (and in any test/exam/mock previous to that) I have never had any help or prompts - so I can say that I haven't (really) cheated in any of my exams :smile: I'm too scared to be kicked off my course!
Na
Test: yes, the whole class used to it was fun! Who hasnt tbh they didnt really mean much and no one was bothered revising.
Controlled assessments(60% of gcse): some people wrote it out at home then brought it in and rewrote it. Some got a*'s, others a trip to the heads and a disqualification.
Exam:accidentally. I brought in revision notes in my pocket. I didnt look at them once and only realised after.
During my english language exam i blatantly heared someone phone go off as did the invigilators. Everyoblne put on their best poker faces and the person got away with it. still dont know who it was to this day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never cheated in an official exam, only in class tests and controlled assessments. I wasn't that good at french and pretty much hated it so I dreaded controlled assessments and speaking tests. During one writing assessment, I noticed many people around me cheating, either having written an essay beforehand to then swap with the one they just did in class or by writing little notes. Next time, I made sure to bring little notes and because we were allowed to bring our own french dictionary, I wrote things here and there. Not sure if this counts as cheating but for speaking tests, if my teacher saw we were a bit stuck she would quietly give us hints and prompt us. Usually for my speaking tests, I would be incapable of remembering it and pronouncing words correctly in french so when I was finished, I copy and pasted it into google translate, recorded it from there, put it on my phone and learnt it bit by bit by repeating after google :biggrin:
yes, i flat out copied a french essay for my GCSE writing exam.

got the worst mark i'd ever got in any french assessment. Redid it, got full marks. Say what you will.
erm maybe :P

Chemistry end of year exam last year, half the year found the mark scheme and memorised it :P

95% :biggrin:
I've never cheated... and never really seen anyone cheat. But then again I'm usually too focused on my own paper to even think about what other people are doing.
Reply 29
Yes, when i was in year 5 in a maths test, i used a caculator and my teacher caught me in which she made me do the test later that day. Luckily she didnt tell my parents but i was GUILTY INSIDE for months. Everyday i would keep on crying thinking about it to a point where i cried to my parents to say that i cheated on the test which was months by that time. I was so relieved after i said it.
Don't think I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I don't have the balls for it. LOL. Besides, it's not a cool thing to do. I'd rather fail than cheat and pass. There really is no point in just regurgitating answers, as that just defeats the purpose of learning and education.
Never have. Haven't seen anybody cheating, either, but I'm sure it's very common. I am suspicious of those people that go to the toilet, though. I'm sure almost half of them are looking up answers on their phones or reading notes they have in their pockets.

It is annoying, because you never know how many people are cheating and getting grades they don't really deserve.
a few times before year 10
Yup, several times actually. What I do is I put the concepts I need to understand in my long term memory and then recall them silently during the exam... Never been caught .. :colone:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
No, never. Now I'm a supervisor and I catch the cheaters!
In year nine I sat exams in a foundation gcse French. Our teacher didn't make it clear at all that we were doing an exam as she was sick 99% of the time and just walked into class telling us on the day. We all just sat in our normal seats and so I took all the answers from the french boy next to me (with consent!)

Although, I don't think I could ever cheat for a real exam. We have a lot of end of unit test and I can't even stomach it when I've accidentally done some of the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if it counts as cheating, but what I'd do is right before the exam if there was something like an equation that I knew I wouldn't remember, I'd look at it, then go into the exam hall and write it out straight away somewhere on the exam paper. So although I didn't strictly bring any notes with me, I effectively did.
Original post by sarah_j_jane
Test: yes, the whole class used to it was fun! Who hasnt tbh they didnt really mean much and no one was bothered revising.
Controlled assessments(60% of gcse): some people wrote it out at home then brought it in and rewrote it. Some got a*'s, others a trip to the heads and a disqualification.
Exam:accidentally. I brought in revision notes in my pocket. I didnt look at them once and only realised after.
During my english language exam i blatantly heared someone phone go off as did the invigilators. Everyoblne put on their best poker faces and the person got away with it. still dont know who it was to this day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loads of people cheat in French Controlled assessments. Espically the coursework, it's the easiest to cheat in. You get to bring 30 words, I have cheated in a french exam by writing more words but writing it small so it looks like it's 30 words.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
I don't know if it counts as cheating, but what I'd do is right before the exam if there was something like an equation that I knew I wouldn't remember, I'd look at it, then go into the exam hall and write it out straight away somewhere on the exam paper. So although I didn't strictly bring any notes with me, I effectively did.

LOL!, I use this method as well but kinda differently. The answer that I am most likely to forget I write it somewhere in the paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending