The Student Room Group

The "I Still haven't got any offers yet" Thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollyvee
3 rejections so far. One from west England today, liverpool john moores two days after submitting my application and manchester met two weeks ago, oddly my top three choices. Just waiting to hear back from Cardiff met and bath spa, not sure when they'll reply :frown:
Around this time last year my friends were having auditions and interviews for universities, but all I've got is rejections so far, I just want to know if I've got two more so I can apply for Extra asap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that sucks! Why are you getting rejections? Did you apply above your predicted grades or competitive course or what?
Original post by livvydibby
Oh that sucks! Why are you getting rejections? Did you apply above your predicted grades or competitive course or what?

I haven't been given a reason yet! I've emailed to ask but no reply. I don't think I've got enough points - bit late finding this out over a month after applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I've got enough points - bit late finding this out over a month after applying.

Surely you should have checked this before you applied?
Reply 363
Heard back from University of the west of Scotland and have to attend a testing session for midwifery on 20th march. Anyone know what it'll include or is anyone else going?
Original post by sydneybridge
Surely you should have checked this before you applied?

I was told by my teachers I had 310 but it turns out I actually have somewhere around 210-240 each website tells me something different! I never bothered to check cus I just assumed, being my teachers and my tutors, they'd be right

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was told by my teachers I had 310 but it turns out I actually have somewhere around 210-240 each website tells me something different! I never bothered to check cus I just assumed, being my teachers and my tutors, they'd be right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you've been totally screwed over by your tutors!
Original post by livvydibby
Sounds like you've been totally screwed over by your tutors!

the problem is they probably took it as a normal btec extended diploma which would give points of 360 DDD 340DDM 320 DMM 300 MMM 280 MMP whereas this appears to be something totally different even though it is called an extended diploma. Many leading unis accept normal btec extended diplomas with D* or D in them just like a levels
Original post by swanseajack1
the problem is they probably took it as a normal btec extended diploma which would give points of 360 DDD 340DDM 320 DMM 300 MMM 280 MMP whereas this appears to be something totally different even though it is called an extended diploma. Many leading unis accept normal btec extended diplomas with D* or D in them just like a levels

I got PPP in my extended diploma and PP in my first year of the course, plus a P in a level 3 certificate, which isn't enough to get in any courses my subject area (performing arts) so it looks like a second gap year for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have offers from Kings, York, Queens and Sussex! Just waiting on Durham now! Just got York there now... SO relieved! I think York or Durham would be my firm
anyone else still waiting on oxford brookes? i applied in december and have got offers from all except that one. they haven't even sent acknowledgements i'm kinda scared they like didn't get my application or something
Reply 370
hey ..

i applied 10 minutes before the january deadline and was so relieved!
but except for acknowledgements i haven't heard anything from uni.

applied to
- KCL
-Edinburgh
-St. Andrews

( Business Management, International Relations...)

Is that a bad sign or are these unis simply slower than others or might it be because of my "late" application or the fact that I am non-UK applicant ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beckily
hey ..

i applied 10 minutes before the january deadline and was so relieved!
but except for acknowledgements i haven't heard anything from uni.

applied to
- KCL
-Edinburgh
-St. Andrews

( Business Management, International Relations...)

Is that a bad sign or are these unis simply slower than others or might it be because of my "late" application or the fact that I am non-UK applicant ?

Well I applied to Edinburgh and St Andrews back in October, still no word... same for most of my school apart from a small few... so probably just the uni + late application.
If you applied at the last minute your application is part of the usual tidal wave of 'lates' and will be dealt with in order, ie. after those who applied earlier.
Some decisions (whenever you applied) wont be made until March.

So all in all, prepare yourself for a bit of a wait ....
Original post by lalalalisha
anyone else still waiting on oxford brookes? i applied in december and have got offers from all except that one. they haven't even sent acknowledgements i'm kinda scared they like didn't get my application or something

I applied oxford brookes in Jan and still haven't recieved an offer from them. However, they sent me acknowledgment. :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cchan2269
I applied oxford brookes in Jan and still haven't recieved an offer from them. However, they sent me acknowledgment. :eek:

they did??? uh oh maybe i should email them but i figured it'd be rude to just me like hey why haven't you replied
Original post by lalalalisha
they did??? uh oh maybe i should email them but i figured it'd be rude to just me like hey why haven't you replied

Yes, I think you should email them and I think this is normal to confirm whether they have received your application or not. It would not be rude:smile:
Original post by cchan2269
Yes, I think you should email them and I think this is normal to confirm whether they have received your application or not. It would not be rude:smile:

coolio sent :smile: thank you for you're help! xxx
Finally, after waiting for a good six months, received an offer from Bath Spa, and it's unconditional! I'm going to go for it, although I did like the look of UWE too (which I got a conditional offer from), Bath was my favourite from the get go. :smile:
A reminder to check your Spam folder if you are still waiting for decisions.

Uni emails about qualification queries, alternative course offers or interviews etc often go to spam - and this is easily overlooked if you only check emails via your mobile or only look in your inbox!

Any minute now Unis will start rejecting everyone who simply hasnt responded to emails, so make sure you check!
Original post by sydneybridge
A reminder to check your Spam folder if you are still waiting for decisions.

Uni emails about qualification queries, alternative course offers or interviews etc often go to spam - and this is easily overlooked if you only check emails via your mobile or only look in your inbox!

Any minute now Unis will start rejecting everyone who simply hasnt responded to emails, so make sure you check!

turns out i did get an acknowledgement from brookes but never saw it because it went to junk mail! thanks wouldn't have checked otherwise haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending