The Student Room Group

I need help with my A-Level Revision

hi,
I am doing Edexcel International A-Levels.I actually sat for exams in May but didn't do well so I'll be resitting all the A2 Physics and Chemistry units so 6 exams in total.I'll be doing these in January 2015 (January exams are allowed in IAL).
I have been travelling and doing full time jobs so I really haven't been getting time to study.However,I am now free.I have a little over a month to prepare.I need to thoroughly study the content as I have forgotten most of the things for both units,make notes (only for Physics) and do past papers.My first exam is on 13th January
I need help in planing my revision.How many hours do I study and which date do I keep as a deadline for studying the content and making notes.
Any more tips or help will really be appreciated.Thanks.
Reply 1
Personally I would study 9-5 every day the month before the exams start. Think about why you didn't do so well last time. Was it not enough practice or not understanding things properly? Make sure you do things differently this time. It's better to revise in the morning when your mind is fresh. If you go to school ( I don't know anything about IAL) then you need to take a small break when you get home from school and then start revising 5-8. Also go through every past paper that exists and make a revision timetable so you know the work you need to cover for example from 5-6pm. Take regular breaks and don't stress/ overwork. Good luck hope that helps!
Reply 2
Original post by 2en1
Personally I would study 9-5 every day the month before the exams start. Think about why you didn't do so well last time. Was it not enough practice or not understanding things properly? Make sure you do things differently this time. It's better to revise in the morning when your mind is fresh. If you go to school ( I don't know anything about IAL) then you need to take a small break when you get home from school and then start revising 5-8. Also go through every past paper that exists and make a revision timetable so you know the work you need to cover for example from 5-6pm. Take regular breaks and don't stress/ overwork. Good luck hope that helps!

Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Original post by muf_mur
bump
Jan so you have one month left?
Reply 5
Original post by Awais117
Jan so you have one month left?

Yeah my first exam is on Jan 13
Reply 6
Original post by muf_mur
Yeah my first exam is on Jan 13

Well I would say if you have 6 exams then 1 month is 'ok' but for like 10+ 3-4 months but as long as you do loads of past papers and go over the specification for physics and for chem learn everything go over the specification and then do past papers when you know everything after you get mistakes learn from them rinse and repeat and by the end you will be getting barely any to no mistakes in past papers. But start now you'll be thankful in the long run.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending