The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me!:biggrin: I'm applying to do Geography in 2007 too. Out of your list, I have applied to Durham and Bristol. Have you applied to do more BSc's or BA's in Geography?
Reply 2
indigostarlight
im on a gap year right now, v. jealous of all my friends having a wonderful time at uni. keeping busy seems to be the answer. anyone else applied for geog? Ive applied for Bristol, St. Andrews, Newcastle, Leeds, Durham and Manchester.

We seem to be in a similar position - I too am on a gap year and all my friends are having a great time at uni and I'm left here, feeling slightly bored/left out, keeping busy certianly does help though! My sig shows where I'm applying - looks like we've got 2 the same, Durham and St.Andrews:biggrin: !!
Reply 3
Yup, Geog for me. Mainly BSc, where possible and where A Level options allow (physical geographer with English Lit, History, Economics and Geography...?). Applied to Durham as well, St. Chad's!
Also Magdalene College, Cambridge, Sheffield, Bristol, LSE, King's.
Good luck all!
Trish x
Reply 4
Yay for all the Durham applications! :biggrin: Good choice!
Reply 5
yep geography all the way! im applying durham(st bede) Ucl, bristol (Msci),
does anyone know if durham/bristol has interivews? if they do then it looks like im going to have 4 interviews which sucks!
Reply 6
yay!! im goeg in 2007!! im so scared though, this time next year! im not applying to top unis like you lot, will probably only get an A in geog, im applying to hull, lancaster, exeter, gloucsester, worcester and portsmouth. i will only go to the last 3 if i realy fail, BADLY!! im gunna do BSc geog! woo cant wait!
Reply 7
Durham doesn't interview.
Reply 8
arkbar
Durham doesn't interview.

Really? I thought that they did for Geography but not if you combined it with anything under Natural Sciences...?:confused:.
Reply 9
Durham USED to interview for geography. They stopped around 2001.
Reply 10
Crisps
Durham USED to interview for geography. They stopped around 2001.

Oh...I'm not sure whether I think that is good or not...When do they offers/does one hear from them/get made an offer?
Reply 11
From October until march, with most offers coming in Jan-Feb.
Durham don't interview presumably because it would take up a cripplingly large amount of time.
Reply 12
When I applied I sent my UCAS form off on November 1, and got my offer on January 10 (I remember things like that :redface:)
Reply 13
Mine was in February(18th). They just wanted you more than me :wink:
Reply 14
I'm applying to: Durham(Trevs), Sheffield, Leicester, Edinburgh and Aber.

Want to go to Durham though, I feel in love with it while I was at summer school there.
Reply 15
Applying for BA Geog 2007 at;

Oxford(St Peter's)
Durham(Cuths)
Bristol
Edinburgh
Birmingham- OFFER ABB(A in geog):biggrin:
Leicester

woop:smile:
Elements
Me!:biggrin: I'm applying to do Geography in 2007 too. Out of your list, I have applied to Durham and Bristol. Have you applied to do more BSc's or BA's in Geography?

I think i've applied solely for BAs, but it doesnt seem to matter for most unis. Durham seems to matter though, in that you have to choose straight out. what about you?
lizzieglover
yay!! im goeg in 2007!! im so scared though, this time next year! im not applying to top unis like you lot, will probably only get an A in geog, im applying to hull, lancaster, exeter, gloucsester, worcester and portsmouth. i will only go to the last 3 if i realy fail, BADLY!! im gunna do BSc geog! woo cant wait!

woo i live in lancaster! if i didnt live here id have applied, tis good. and a lovely city.
Reply 18
indigostarlight
I think i've applied solely for BAs, but it doesnt seem to matter for most unis. Durham seems to matter though, in that you have to choose straight out. what about you?

5/6 BSc's.:smile: What college have you applied to for Durham?
Reply 19
Im applying for Bsc geog ... at

Newscastle n Lancaster, Liverpool , Durham , Leciester and Northumbira

Am well scared hoping to send off my Ucas form on friday :-( dunno where i wanan go yet think Newscastle or Lancaster really...

N i doubt ill get an offer at Durham or Newscastle but well see how it goes.

Good luck

xx

Latest

Trending

Trending