The Student Room Group

Would You Date Someone With A Tattoo?

Scroll to see replies

Would I date someone with a bad tattoo? No.

All the ones I've seen on my friends have been great. All the ones I've seen on the internet/on celebreties look terrible, so be careful on your design and try to make it original.

A band tattoo, or a tattoo of a famous person, is a bit of a terrible idea imo
Original post by Anonymous
Are girls with tattoos (even small ones) seen as less attractive? May be thinking of getting one x

I want one of these. They're so cute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tattoos can definitely add to my attraction towards a girl.
I'm not exactly fond of them but if it was like one small one it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
Please keep this on topic and friendly, if you want to go and debate about feminism then please take it elsewhere, thanks.
Oh right yeah Im not going crazy. I have a "punky" style anyway though which I guess some guys dont like (no piercings though)

Aw punky style without tattoos and piercings, I love it (some piercings are fine) as long as it isn't too androgynous.

I was always trying to find a hot punky girl without tattoos! I just find tattoos so unattractive.
Depends. I'm covered in tattoos and am fine with them, small, large whatever I'm cool with it. (Even of the quality is crap). But if you're covered in large scale work then it needs to be of quality and not your typical high street shop/done by your mate/done in a kitchen etc.
Reply 27
No worries, even the small ones?

I have a kind of "punky" style as well generally (no piercings etc. but I wear a lot of doc martens, leather jackets etc.), is that OK?

How big is "amazingly"?

Ok cute.

Ew, it looks like a biker's arm.

Be careful with names, will you still love the band when you're 60? Imo it's better to chose symbols or small drawings, but not "paintings" or texts.

I'm the other way around, bigger is better. More artistic detail is in bigger pieces a small design looks like clip art from the 90's as demonstrated in these photos.
Depends where it is and what it is, but yeah most probs.
Reply 30
I don't think tattoos are very attractive personally. My impression of women who have tattoos is that they tend to be emotional and have less self-control.
I personally find tattoos really attractive but also consider the thought of how it would look for something formal. For men it isn't so bad as they may wear a shirt but for women wearing a dress it might not look very good for example your wedding day wearing a nice white dress with a tattoo around your arm it may not look very good...
on the other hand in or own time it might look good!
ney
Original post by Josb
Ok cute.

Ew, it looks like a biker's arm.

Be careful with names, will you still love the band when you're 60? Imo it's better to chose symbols or small drawings, but not "paintings" or texts.

See I kinda find them damned either way. I think the former are pointless, like they've got a tattoo just for the sake of it, meaningless. The later are cool, but unattractive. Also I'm a bit OCD and I don't like how they are rarely symetrical. I know no one asked.
I think they look awful in almost all circumstances. Even small one's. It seems as if they've become far more popular over the last couple years. I don't understand it.
Small, and subtle ones I don't mind. But I wouldn't date a someone with tattoos on their wrists or hands, I find it somewhat unattractive. Most anywhere else, I'm fine with.
Reply 36
No worries, even the small ones?

I have a kind of "punky" style as well generally (no piercings etc. but I wear a lot of doc martens, leather jackets etc.), is that OK?

Well I'd say if you are a punk and generally dress like it then tbh you'll be fine aha, because it does go with that look. For me, the bigger the worse really, they just don't do anything for me!
Original post by xDave-
Dunno, can't think of any examples. I just remember that there has been a few occasions where I've liked how they look. I do think they suit black people better; the contrast with the skin is lower and they're more subtle.

And well, not only does how it looks matter, but also the thought process behind it. I don't mean to belittle your idea but I don't think a band tattoo is a very good idea. I've gotten bored of every band I've ever listened to, so I wouldn't be too pleased if I had one of their logos on my arm now. Maybe you're not the same as me, but who knows what you'll be like in 5-10 years?

A lot of people seem to rush out and get tattoos the second they can, and lots of them seem to spend about 10 minutes researching a design and then get that tattooed on them for the rest of their life. A tattoo says a lot about you imo, and something like a band tattoo just says you're impulsive or make poor long-term decisions to me. But the opposite is true and some tattoos can imply positive qualities. Though, what you can read into a tattoo is the person they were when they got the tattoo, not the person they are now.

I would just say think about it a lot more first. Also, think about what you'd like rather than what other people would like - though you do have to think about tattoos from a professional standpoint.

Repped, really agree with this.

I wouldn't say a tattoo would turn me off as such but they're not totally my cuppa.
tbh i would not feel comfortable with a heavily tattoed lady; perhaps a teeny one in a discreet location would be acceptable. no metalware apart from tasteful earrings. sorry ladies :colondollar:
Reply 39
Original post by dreadpiraterach
Unless it was of an ex-lover's name or on their face then sure, why not :smile:

LOL! Yes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending