The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Didn't see one up for 2015.

So what course has everyone applied for? And have you received an interview/offer yet?

As for me, applied for Computer Science with Year in the Industry, got a letter for an interview on Jan 28th - Applicant Day.
If you're currently doing CompSci there now, sharing your experience with it here would be great :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Law and Human Rights LLB, my interview is on Feb 4th. Hoping it goes well as I'm slightly under the entry requirements.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Got an offer for International Relations with a Placement year.:biggrin:
Requirements are BBB... I might get BBC, which obviously isn't what they want but I'm hoping they would still accept me.
I actually got a personal email from the Deputy Head of the department yesterday where he said how much he liked my personal statement and was trying to sell the Uni to me! I'm hoping because of that keen interest he has shown, they would still accept me if i weren't to achieve BBB :3
We'll have to wait and see!
Reply 3
hey, im starting here but its an online course, got my acceptance email the day i enrolled but im doing business studies. anyone else here doing it too?
Reply 4
Hey I got an offer for International Relations as well. Where else have you guys applied?
Reply 5
what is international relations?
Got an offer for Politics, BBB, definitely gonna be my first choice, predicted ABB, but Essex just looks awesome for politics
Is anyone else going to the Interview day next Wednesday?!

I'm not sure if it's conducted by department but I'm going next Wednesday for a CS interview/visit day thing!
Ive got offers from City, Kent, Essex, Goldsmiths and Westminster (3 are in London). Stuck choosing between the first 3...

I've been told to go for Kent over Essex becasue they're better in the league tables for Politics, and apparently youre more likely to get employment afterwards.. I dont know what to believe lol. Im just worried I wont get one of the grades and then if the course is really popular, which I think it is, they wouldnt be able to offer me a place...

Stresssssssss
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by yasmaaaaaan
Ive got offers from City, Kent, Essex, Goldsmiths and Westminster (3 are in London). Stuck choosing between the first 3...

I've been told to go for Kent over Essex becasue they're better in the league tables for Politics, and apparently youre more likely to get employment afterwards.. I dont know what to believe lol. Im just worried I wont get one of the grades and then if the course is really popular, which I think it is, they wouldnt be able to offer me a place...

Stresssssssss

I'd advise going to their applicant days if you can to get a better picture of everything, that's what I am doing anyways. I went to Kent's today and will go to Essex's in January.
While I can't comment on the politics side, Kent does indeed have a very high employment within 6 months percentage, ranks 15th out of the 105 Uni's in that regard. In CompSci it was 100% for everyone who did the 'Year in the Industry' option and 94% for those who didn't.
Reply 10
Guys I have an interview for Essex on Wednesday for biochemistry and it said on the letter an informal interview but any tips on how I could prepare for this? Anyone had an interview at Essex and could give me some advice?
youd be better off going onto the group for UoE on facebook and asking students on there. no one will have a better answer then someone whose actually done it
I've got an interview for law on Feb 11th
applied for english and american literature, waiting for confirmation e-mail then hopefully an offer :tongue:
I've just received my unconditional offers now just to decide what to choose; sociology, criminology or the joint honours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
If anyone has any questions about Essex feel free to quote this and I'll try my best to answer it
Original post by brilld
If anyone has any questions about Essex feel free to quote this and I'll try my best to answer it

What's the nightlife like?
Reply 17
Original post by angelfox
What's the nightlife like?

im not a massive fan of clubbing but I'll give this a shot

The uni had an onsite club (sub zero) which puts on about 3 main nights a week - weds, fri and sat There are also other nights during the week (ie some Thursday's are free entry for something like 80s). The uni also has 2 bars onsite - the SU bar which does special nights (ie cheesy music Monday, pub quiz, super Sunday (cheap drinks) etc). There is also top bar on campus which is more like a traditional pub. There are some clubs and bars in Colchester but I haven't been out there in the evening so I can't comment on the town
So I get a letter today asking for me to go in for an informal interview / seminar thing. What's this all about?
Reply 19
I also recieved a letter from Essex asking me to go in for the informal interview on the 25 of Feb for English Lit. I was wondering how long is the actual interview for as I live about 2 hours away and saw someone on Twitter say it was only for 15 mins! :| also I'm wondering what's the actual point for the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest