The Student Room Group

Problem finding someone

I seem to have serious problems when finding someone to be with. I might as well be honest, I've never really had a proper relationship, theres been a few quick sort of moments here and there, one of which I thought could actually develop into something but later found out I was being completly played for a joke.

Now I've come to uni, fresh start and all. People say I'm one of those sweet guys wouldn't hurt a fly or anything like that, to be honest I don't know as I've never really had the chance to find out. I met someone a couple of weeks ago on my course and I literally just thought wow. She was so nice to me, probably just as shes a nice person but even so no one has really treated me like that on meeting me for the first time. I do really like her, but I honestly have no idea how to go about making the first step. I'm not really the most confident of people, and I've never had any experience in doing this kind of thing. Without just saying "hi I like you" what do I do?
Reply 1
Term's only just started, everbody's still meeting everybody, so just ask her out for a drink. Simple as that.
Reply 2
Give her your number and say something lame like 'just in case I need to exchange course notes' and then grin cheekily so she knows why you actually want the number. Then she'll think 'aww cute, but with a little edge'. And if she doesn't give you her number back then don't worry, give her ur msn as well.
Just get to know her, don't come on too heavy because you might scare her, right now she is probably just looking for a good friend in you and perhaps develop it further from that. Make sure you like all of her and not just the happy personality, take her out and find out more about her. Good luck x
Yeah, be nice to her and find something to chat about (or if she says something to you try to develop it into a conversation: "I think I've actually done this stuff in sixth form" - "Oh really? Are you finding it easy then? What A-Levels did you do?" etc)
maag101
Give her your number and say something lame like 'just in case I need to exchange course notes' and then grin cheekily so she knows why you actually want the number. Then she'll think 'aww cute, but with a little edge'. And if she doesn't give you her number back then don't worry, give her ur msn as well.

Personally I don't think this is a good advice. If a guy likes me enough, he will ask for my number / ask me out / approach me. If a guy gives me his number I think he is not interested enough but wouldn't mind getting a date just with anyone. I'd certainly think "Pffff! Who says I'll want to call you :rolleyes:".

When a shy guy asks you out it's really sweet and flattering because you know it was hard for him to do but he did it anyway so he must like you.
Flirting in 2006 is all about sending her a message on Facebook. :wink:
maag101
Give her your number and say something lame like 'just in case I need to exchange course notes' and then grin cheekily

Terrible, but I love it!
Reply 8
maag101
Give her your number and say something lame like 'just in case I need to exchange course notes' and then grin cheekily so she knows why you actually want the number

Never thought of that one! Thanks for the tips, I really have the confidence of a lame ant, I know its stupid, just one of those things which was a result of being played around...took all my strength to ask her to a party (and even that was a no as she had to work....great start!!)
Reply 9
Well seeing as that's the dilemma how about: Hi do you like me?
Reply 10
"If I told you you had a beautiful body would you take your clothes off and dance around a little?"

"I find the most erotic part of a woman to be the boobies."

Either. They're both classics.
Reply 11
wiggles
"If I told you you had a beautiful body would you take your clothes off and dance around a little?"

"I find the most erotic part of a woman to be the boobies."Either. They're both classics.

just the way you said boobies was so very funny :smile: hee hee

Latest

Trending

Trending