The Student Room Group

Duke of edinburgh : Skills

Hi, I'm about to start my duke of Edinburgh bronze!
The one thing I am not too sure about at all is the skills section
I've heard you can do cooking, photography etc but don't know what I would need to do for see
for example, photography needs to be portfoliod or filed and people need record
and cooking needs people to eat it and all kinda stuff I've heard... I'm really not sure what's going on😂

So I'm just wondering if someone could help and clear it up for me and tell me exactly what I could do or what you did if you did the programme
thanks!!
Reply 1
I did cooking as my skill and I just took pictures of everything I made and uploaded them on to eDofE. My friend did the same but she put photos of the recipe up as well. As for the booklet at the end, anyone can sign it just as long as they aren't family

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lx477
I did cooking as my skill and I just took pictures of everything I made and uploaded them on to eDofE. My friend did the same but she put photos of the recipe up as well. As for the booklet at the end, anyone can sign it just as long as they aren't family

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was in the booklet at the end?
So sat I did cooking, how often should I cook?
Reply 3
Original post by neals
What was in the booklet at the end?
So sat I did cooking, how often should I cook?

If I remember correctly, you write the start and end dates of your skills section at the top. There's a space for you to write a bit about what you did, what you learnt etc and on the other side there's a space for someone to write a bit about you learning the skill. Then you both sign it.
You should do it for an hour a week, I think it says. You can also choose whether or not you do it for 3 or 6 months but I assume you know about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I understand, it's either photography or cooking will do
and yes, I'll choose one for 6 months
thanks for your help
You can put music practise down if you play an instrument?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest