The Student Room Group

Ldr

Recently, because of uni, my boyfriend and I have gone into a long distance relationship. We get to speak to each other everyday, but i cant help but feel im forcing this upon him even though he says i can call him whenever, it doesn't annoy him. I feel like im putting in all the effort to keep in contact, asking if he will call me later when he gets in, as I feel like if i dont say then he won't call or that if i dont text him then i wont hear from him at all. Im not one of them girls who wants to be in contact with him 24/7 or anything like that, thats not the problem. Just i know how important communication is in a LDR which is why i put in alot of effort and want it to be 50/50.

It started off fine, but just gradually it has turned like this and it worries me that it may get worse. I know its not the case he doesn't want to speak to me because we do speak for a while etc. I have thought about not contacting him and seeing if he does contact me but I dont want to give him the impression that I don't want to speak to him. Im just not sure what to do, other then speak to him about it. Am I being petty? or expecting too much?
Just let him know that relationships are 50/50 efforts!

Or as a more "subtle" hint just say something like, "I love it when I get a text from you waking me up when I wasn't expecting it" or something like that, although if he's like my bf he'll need blatent hints!lol
Reply 2
yea, i did do that a few weeks ago however it only sorta worked for a few days. Its hard to have a serious convo with him when he isn't with me, he is always in a funny mood joking about everything...makes it difficult
You've both just started at university, perhaps he's busy a lot of the time? You said the key to LDR (or any relationship for that matter) is communication, so why not communicate with him about how you're feeling and how you think the relationship is?

Latest

Trending

Trending