The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

English with Study in North America at Exeter

I was wondering if anyone had heard back from Exeter for this course? I haven't heard anything yet...

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure youโ€™ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you havenโ€™t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I've applied for this!!!!!! I applied all the way back in October and nothing yet. I'm actually freaking out because this is my dream course and dream uni. I got an e-mail yesterday saying "We would like to assure you that your application is important to us and we will communicate a decision to you as soon as we can." I'm terrified.
Reply 3
I applied in November...still nothing :frown: It's frustrating because I need to know if I should book train tickets for the visit days and it gets more expensive the later you leave it!
Reply 4
My daughter received her offer for this course on 21st March last year, so no need to lose heart yet.:smile:
Original post by niveous
I've applied for this!!!!!! I applied all the way back in October and nothing yet. I'm actually freaking out because this is my dream course and dream uni. I got an e-mail yesterday saying "We would like to assure you that your application is important to us and we will communicate a decision to you as soon as we can." I'm terrified.

Hi, yeah I applied in October too and I still haven't heard anything either... It's so stressful!
Original post by ebraico
I applied in November...still nothing :frown: It's frustrating because I need to know if I should book train tickets for the visit days and it gets more expensive the later you leave it!

Yeah, it's so annoying! Do you know when the visit days are?
It's been a couple of months... Has anyone heard anything? Still nothing for me.
I still haven't heard anything :frown: - Applied in January, which to be fair was quite late.
Original post by studdybuddy101
I still haven't heard anything :frown: - Applied in January, which to be fair was quite late.

Good luck!
Reply 10
HI, I applied ages ago too and I got offered an alternative course of just English (without N.A study) I'm very pleased as I applied for this course thinking that it would be easier to get into than straight English!

Good luck anyway

Edit: i got this offer today, if that helps
Maybe others will get their offer tomorrow ? I've applied (in early October) and still waiting - good luck everyone :smile: I'm glad they love the EPQ and Creative Writing - it's my perfect uni haha :biggrin:
Read the thread title as 'Exeter with study at North America at Exeter'. Severely disappointed.
Has anyone heard anything yet ? I literally keep refreshing my gmail so much recently as they said on the phone to me - they'll reach a decision by the end of this week potentially!
Original post by JordanT9000
Has anyone heard anything yet ? I literally keep refreshing my gmail so much recently as they said on the phone to me - they'll reach a decision by the end of this week potentially!

I haven't heard anything.... Did you call them or did they call you? I'm a bit too nervous to call, I'm not too confident about my application so I'm trying to avoid anything that might annoy them! But they said they could reach a decision soon, that's great! I was really starting to worry.
Original post by wemyss
HI, I applied ages ago too and I got offered an alternative course of just English (without N.A study) I'm very pleased as I applied for this course thinking that it would be easier to get into than straight English!

Good luck anyway

Edit: i got this offer today, if that helps

Congratulations on the offer!
Original post by HuggleyDuck
I haven't heard anything.... Did you call them or did they call you? I'm a bit too nervous to call, I'm not too confident about my application so I'm trying to avoid anything that might annoy them! But they said they could reach a decision soon, that's great! I was really starting to worry.

I called them :smile: I was calling up to ask about their admissions policy as staying 3 years due to mitigating/ exceptional circumstances (parents went through a really really rocky divorce in my first year) annoys some universities to the point where they do not accept you.

Exeter are fine with over 2 years, as long as you show academic potential and a drive to succeed!

Anyway, she also checked my application on the phone and said the admissions team is working to the deadline of within the next couple of weeks to get the remaining offers out :smile: So hopefully that is good news for some people ???

I recently got a grade change for my Language and Literature A2 where I went from an A to an A* overall... I began to wonder if that had caused my application to become stuck !! haha
I applied for this course in October (English with a year in North America and received an offer for BA English on Monday (16th March) however without the year in America. I'm still really pleased to have received an offer from Exeter as I know they are a very prestigious University. They haven't updated my offer on UCAS yet but the university has emailed me to say that I will be transferred to the BA English course on their records. Good Luck!
I got the same :smile:, but for deffered entry. I might reapply if I do better than my AAB prediction.
Original post by franhutchins97
I applied for this course in October (English with a year in North America and received an offer for BA English on Monday (16th March) however without the year in America. I'm still really pleased to have received an offer from Exeter as I know they are a very prestigious University. They haven't updated my offer on UCAS yet but the university has emailed me to say that I will be transferred to the BA English course on their records. Good Luck!

Congratulations on your offer!
I applied in October as well, hopefully that means they've almost made a decision on mine.

Quick Reply

Latest