The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Nursing September 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eli_rebecca
So are you going to UCLAN in September too?
And going to be living in?
I think I've pretty much made my mind up now ahhh!

Yes I am:smile:
I already live in preston so wont be living in per say
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by claireestelle
Yes I am:smile:
I already live in preston so wont be living in per say

Ah right sounds good
Original post by Eli_rebecca
Ah right sounds good

I lived in halls at one point, so if you need any accomodation advice i might be able to help
I'm currently studying Mental Health Nursing at UCLan, I'm second year now. I have lived in uni accommodation for both years now, and have managed to keep my car at the same time - but I work a part time job at the weekends - so that helps pay for my car. If you have a part time job on the side - you can still manage it. I also can give rough estimates on term dates and holidays etc. Mental Health dates for the 2nd year is different to adult and childrens nursing though, so wont be relevant to you guys I'm afraid. Let me know if you have any questions or anything :biggrin:
Original post by rachaelftw
I'm currently studying Mental Health Nursing at UCLan, I'm second year now. I have lived in uni accommodation for both years now, and have managed to keep my car at the same time - but I work a part time job at the weekends - so that helps pay for my car. If you have a part time job on the side - you can still manage it. I also can give rough estimates on term dates and holidays etc. Mental Health dates for the 2nd year is different to adult and childrens nursing though, so wont be relevant to you guys I'm afraid. Let me know if you have any questions or anything :biggrin:

Hi, I m going to be doing mental health and was just wondering what the holidays are for 2nd and 3rd year? :smile: Also what part time work do you do if you dont mind me asking?
Hello

I have had an offer for adult nursing which I was so happy with!!! Then my husband has just landed a contract in Scotland for two years!! Totally stuck now what to do!! Not sure I will manage without the help with two children!!!!! Nightmare !!
Joanne x
Original post by jbreaks1
Hello

I have had an offer for adult nursing which I was so happy with!!! Then my husband has just landed a contract in Scotland for two years!! Totally stuck now what to do!! Not sure I will manage without the help with two children!!!!! Nightmare !!
Joanne x

The NHS bursary would cover childcare for you and UCLAN has a pre school centre so you could manage if thats what you really wanted
I had my interview for child nursing on 6th March and no heard yet am worried as lots of people have had offers
Hey I had mine on the 4th of December and still waiting to hear lol so I wouldn't worry if you not herd already haha , if your a no you hear straight away and if you are a def yes you hear straight away ,,,, good luck, I am waiting to hear back from UCLAN and edge hill for Childrens nursing xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you just hope I get a place i hope soon
Good luck anyway
Hi, I m going to be doing mental health and was just wondering what the holidays are for 2nd and 3rd year? :smile: Also what part time work do you do if you dont mind me asking?

Oooh congratulations! This year we went to uni for 2 weeks, then went straight into placement. Placement finished 2nd week in december, we had a week back at uni, then 2 weeks off over christmas. Went back to uni in Jan had all our exams and assignments etc, then had 2 weeks off just now at the beginning of march. I'm now currently on placement until May. then I have a week off (holiday time oh yeah :cool::scuba:!!!) And we are then back at uni until Late june/early july. Very odd holidays. All other courses are never off when you are, which is quite a pain, but hey ho.

Third year, we have 2 weeks off last week in November and beginning of December. Meaning we're on placement over Christmas, which is also a bloody pain!! But we get Christmas Day and New year's Day off as 'Bank Holidays' so won't have to go into placement for them, which is good. We then have 3 weeks off at the beginning of March. £ weeks off on the second week of May. So Basically all of May off. And then Finish around end of June/July ish.

I also work at B&M Bargains at the weekends back home near blackpool so I travel home every weekend, too :biggrin:
Original post by rachaelftw
Oooh congratulations! This year we went to uni for 2 weeks, then went straight into placement. Placement finished 2nd week in december, we had a week back at uni, then 2 weeks off over christmas. Went back to uni in Jan had all our exams and assignments etc, then had 2 weeks off just now at the beginning of march. I'm now currently on placement until May. then I have a week off (holiday time oh yeah :cool::scuba:!!!) And we are then back at uni until Late june/early july. Very odd holidays. All other courses are never off when you are, which is quite a pain, but hey ho.

Third year, we have 2 weeks off last week in November and beginning of December. Meaning we're on placement over Christmas, which is also a bloody pain!! But we get Christmas Day and New year's Day off as 'Bank Holidays' so won't have to go into placement for them, which is good. We then have 3 weeks off at the beginning of March. £ weeks off on the second week of May. So Basically all of May off. And then Finish around end of June/July ish.

I also work at B&M Bargains at the weekends back home near blackpool so I travel home every weekend, too :biggrin:

That is very strange holidays but time off is time off i guess :biggrin:
Do you have any advice before I start? just wondering how to get prepared..
Original post by Debbie82
Thank you just hope I get a place i hope soon

Dont worry i haven't heard back either. Everyone I've seen offered places for child are mature students so I'm hoping thats why we've heard nothing. I emailed them last month and they said they will inform us before the end of this month after the last interviews which are tomorrow :smile: x
The NHS bursary would cover childcare for you and UCLAN has a pre school centre so you could manage if thats what you really wanted

Thankyou for your reply im worried about the placement weeks rather than anything else. I could manage by uni childcare, just worried about nights, early's etc. Really want to accept but then worried I will become stuck!! :frown:
That is very strange holidays but time off is time off i guess :biggrin:

Yeah the time off is hurrendous. It's not the same as anyone else, so all my friends are back home when I'm not etc. All my flatmates go home and I'm still there. So Strange really.

Original post by jbreaks1
Thankyou for your reply im worried about the placement weeks rather than anything else. I could manage by uni childcare, just worried about nights, early's etc. Really want to accept but then worried I will become stuck!! :frown:

It's quite hard for you I can imagine, especially like you said with early shifts etc. and they are hurrendous :frown: But you don't have to do your nights until second year, so least that's not straight away, eh?
Thankyou
I didn't realise we didn't need to do nights until the second year? that does help the situation, have to accept by may so trying to pull in the favours and the childcare until the deadline
xxx
Reply 278
Hey, anyone heard back after interviews in early March?
Hey I applied n had my interview in December and have been knocked back today ;( for children's nursing , said my interview score was low ;( gutted but now waiting to hear back from edge hill, so time will tell, but check u ucas as I never got an email of ucas ,so good job I checked lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending