The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Nursing September 2015

Hey, I'm new to this student room, I'm just looking for some advice off others who have applied to do child/adult nursing at UCLAN for September 2015... I applied 16th November, I'm being very impatient, but I'm just wondering if anybody who has applied has heard back from them? Thanks, Sammie x

Scroll to see replies

Hey I've applied at UCLAN for adult nursing haven't heard anything back yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
When did you apply? :-)
Reply 3
Hey I applied at the end of october and had my interview on the 4th/12... I heard about two weeks after applying through ucas. :smile: im doing childs nursing x
Reply 4
Original post by Lcurtis
Hey I applied at the end of october and had my interview on the 4th/12... I heard about two weeks after applying through ucas. :smile: im doing childs nursing x

What was the interview like? Did you have to do some tests? X
Original post by sammieb92
What was the interview like? Did you have to do some tests? X

I have an interview at uclan today for mental health, theres a maths and english test, as well as a group interview. Not sure it ll be the same process for childrens nursing though
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
I have an interview at uclan today for mental health, theres a maths and english test, as well as a group interview. Not sure it ll be the same process for childrens nursing though

Did you get an offer? Good luck either way, I'm really nervous about the tests, were they difficult? I think every nursing course requires those tests, dreading it haha x
Reply 7
Hey , add me on Facebook if you want and I'll xplain more about nursing interview,,, lauren curtis ,,, picture of a cat on profile x
Original post by Lcurtis
Hey , add me on Facebook if you want and I'll xplain more about nursing interview,,, lauren curtis ,,, picture of a cat on profile x

Do you have an email address I can email you on please? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Adult nursing at UCLan on the 18th November and have yet to hear back from them. I have recieved an acknowledgement email and a letter of acknowledgment in the post.

How long did UCLan take to get back to you with an interview after you applied on UCAS?
Reply 11
About two weeks I think, :wink: xx
I applied for adult nursing in October, had my interview on the 4th of December and two weeks later I was offered an unconditional offer for September 2015 😄😄😄
Reply 13
What nursing was it for :smile: im still waiting and had my interview on the 4th too :smile: ...... i must be in the maybe pile haha
Reply 14
Hey, I'm new to this student room, I'm just looking for some advice off others who have applied to do child/adult nursing at UCLAN for September 2015... I applied 16th November, I'm being very impatient, but I'm just wondering if anybody who has applied has heard back from them? Thanks, Sammie x

Hey, I sent mine off the same day as you and I haven't heard anything yet. Have you? I was at work one day and my mum called me to say I had a letter from them, got all excited and it was just a letter to say they'd received my application and that was like 2/3 weeks after I sent it off! Got all excited for nothing!
:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Dadeo
Hey, I sent mine off the same day as you and I haven't heard anything yet. Have you? I was at work one day and my mum called me to say I had a letter from them, got all excited and it was just a letter to say they'd received my application and that was like 2/3 weeks after I sent it off! Got all excited for nothing!
:smile:

No I still havent heard anything yet, I got the same acknowledgment letter from them, I rang the admissions team today and the lady I spoke to said there is a huge back log with it being nearly deadline time, but they are hoping to get through some before Christmas, and she said if they haven't declined you then you are still being considered, so I've still got faith in it, are you hoping to go uni straight from college or have you worked in a healthcare job before hand? :-)
Reply 16
No I still havent heard anything yet, I got the same acknowledgment letter from them, I rang the admissions team today and the lady I spoke to said there is a huge back log with it being nearly deadline time, but they are hoping to get through some before Christmas, and she said if they haven't declined you then you are still being considered, so I've still got faith in it, are you hoping to go uni straight from college or have you worked in a healthcare job before hand? :-)

I had an email literally half an hour ago inviting me for an interview on the 9th of January. I'm a mature student (25) with a degree already and have been working in health care for almost two years. I've worked in nursing homes and now full time at a hospital. How about you? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Dadeo
I had an email literally half an hour ago inviting me for an interview on the 9th of January. I'm a mature student (25) with a degree already and have been working in health care for almost two years. I've worked in nursing homes and now full time at a hospital. How about you? :smile:

Oh you lucky thing! Good luck! Really hope I get one, I've worked and still currently working in a dentist for the past 4 years since I was 17, just turned 22 yesterday so got quite abit of experience working with patients, and done extra qualifications in infection control etc, just hope they give me a chance :-)
Reply 18
Oh you lucky thing! Good luck! Really hope I get one, I've worked and still currently working in a dentist for the past 4 years since I was 17, just turned 22 yesterday so got quite abit of experience working with patients, and done extra qualifications in infection control etc, just hope they give me a chance :-)

I'm sure you will, they're probably going through all the ones they got on the 16th now. Fingers crossed for you! Should be tomorrow you hear hopefully! The 9th doesn't feel that far away, my other interview isn't until February so I thought my others wouldn't be until after then! :smile:
Hey, I applied to UCLAN Middle of October and I have just (today) received an email inviting me to an interview. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending