The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya,

Thought I'd just see who had joined today :smile: And to say hello, I work in TSR's community team.

What brought you here today?!

Jack

hello, i joined today for exam tips and advice
Reply 21
Hello! I joined today cause i wanted to join a "student" community, praticing my english, and learn how study works in other countries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm Gen/John, I joined today because I thought it might be useful for my studies.
Reply 23
Hi!
Just joined!
Love to make friends out here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Jenna Zhang
Hello,I join here because I want to improve my English and make friends.By the way,I am a Chinese and my major in university is English Literature. You know,our teachers are almost Chinese and we hardly use English in our daily life.I think I can not really improve my English in that way.However,I know TSR by accident and join it.I hope it will help.

Speak with others in English !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by tay22
HEY!

I just joined today. I've been on this site before but I thought id join as I needed help with biology.

Tay x

Hey Tay, I'm new here too, Are you studying biology a levels coz i do As biology, if that's a yes i need help too, it'll good to help each other out and anyone else doing biology :smile: x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MargotM
Hello,
I joined TSR today because I also need help : I'm a French student and I will get my baccalauréat at the end of this year and I absolutely don't know what studies I could do after. I panic a little because the registration will close soon and I am lost.. I thought I can maybe go abroad for one year or more because i'm sure it can help me a lot for many reasons but I still need to built a future project... Is someone is (or was) in this situation?
Margot

Yes, there are lots of people on TSR who are or have been in exactly that situation. It's probably best to go to the A Levels tab, and select IB, then you can find all of the people and discussion around studying IB.

Original post by AlyssaS
Hello!
I joined today because I felt the need to converse with other students: )

Hoorah! Welcome to the best place for that :biggrin:

Original post by emmaconlon4
hello, ive joined to get help with my a-level media and gcse maths :smile:, i really want to do well and i came across this site while look for notes about media online

Sounds cool, you'll definitely get help with all of that on here :smile:

Original post by Bakinbeaut1
Hi I joined today, really struggling with my degree. Not enjoying it and worrying.

sooze

What are you worrying about sooze?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
Hello I felt like joining just to see if I could find anyone who has applied to the same course and universities as me and what your opinion is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
After lurking around for a while, I finally made an account today :smile:
Reply 29
Hey! :smile: I joined as I believe this will hopefully offer me good resources and advice for my studies
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Hi there, I joined a few days ago but I didn't log in again since that day. I was born in Romania and I come from a Romanian family, but I actually grew up in Spain, however a few year ago I had to move to London because of my studies. At the moment I am doing my A-levels in Physics, Business, ICT and Spanish, i quite enjoy the school life at my sixth form but the problem is that my English skills are as you see awful. So I joined TSR because I know that people here have good sources of information that will not only help me improve my English spoken skills, but it will also help me get the most of my A-levels.
Reply 31
Have to point out that your english writing skills seems to be good though!! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I have just joined. Plus is my first time ever using forms. Was recommended by a pal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by L1z
Have to point out that your english writing skills seems to be good though!! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's the only thing I'm good at, and I don't know why I'm a better writer than speaker when it is supposed that write in English is harder than speaking. But yeah, I hope that one day I will be able to speak English fluently since I've got plenty of time to do so as I will go to university here in London or Oxford if I get the grades needed :smile:
Yes 1st year & it's made me question if I want to continue in the career I have been I and enjoyed for the last 10 years. Thanks for your comment I may call on you soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by HDT
Thank you, that's the only thing I'm good at, and I don't know why I'm a better writer than speaker when it is supposed that write in English is harder than speaking. But yeah, I hope that one day I will be able to speak English fluently since I've got plenty of time to do so as I will go to university here in London or Oxford if I get the grades needed :smile:

Your welcome! Oh, haha yh, i'm suprised actually, the fact that you can write English perfectly but not speak it as perfectly. You'll be fine, and will be able to speak it fluently in a couple of months. All the best! :smile:
Reply 38
Hi everyone!

I joined because I'm looking for willing people to help complete a short survey on mobile usage at live music events for my dissertation research. If you have a spare 5 minutes, any help would be really appreciated :smile: here's the link to my survey just in case, thanks! Tom

https://plymouthbusiness.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0URwvZYF3uEt8Fv

Hello
I joined today because I have recently decided to take on the mammoth task of educating myself :woo:
I was supposed to take GCSE exams this summer but moved back a year at school because I only attended 4 days in my original year 10 :colone: Anyway this year it isn't going too well (non academic reasons) and it seems to me that I won't be able to get the results I need carrying on like this :rolleyes: The only way forward is perhaps to teach myself IGCSE's from scratch :top2: