The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hey i was just wondering, in my personal statement I talked about how i got A's in some modules in my subjects, such as A's in mammalian physiology in bio and trends and patterns in chem, my career advisor said this was a good idea, becasue mammalian physiology was more realvant to the course, than say environmental biology, just want to know what you guys thought?
Reply 61
i would have got our referee to write about it, so you could talk more about your experiences/hobbies in your PS. but thats just me. I know someone who talked about getting A's and fullmarks in some modules in his PS and he got offers from Imperial and Southampton. hmmm

how did you talk about it btw? did you just state that you got A's in the module, but also say how studying those modules have been fun and learnt so so etc? i think that would have been better
Reply 62
like when i talked about a love of science i included the module grades and such,
Reply 63
hey i don't no if this is the place to put it but i did my alevels and i achieved AAAc for my alevels in chemistry biology business studies and computin AS,
I got 4A* 2A 2B 2D so not exactly the best gcses even. And i got 612 in the ukcat. I don't no if this exceptable for reapplicants i'm not resiting cos i've seen some with graes like AAAa or AAAb that c at AS is gettin me down also i just about meet minium requirements at GCSE. Will i be able to get an interview with these.
Reply 64
your gcse's are fine. but check with the unviersities that you've applied to what their minimum grades are for the AS grade. Where have you applied to?
Reply 65
Is this rule for people who applied, missed the required grades then had to resit and apply again?

I'm resitting but I've never applied before, will the rule apply to me?

Why is this rule around anyway? Doesn't seem entirely fair to me.
Reply 66
are you resitting a whole year? or are you just resitting a couple of modules? they only count you as a resit if you've taken more than the standard 2 years to complete your A Levels.
Reply 67
I guess it's a proper resit, I did the A-Level over the normal 2 years in school, I'm now doing the entire A-Level all over again (taking just one year for both AS and A2) to bring the grade up. Doing the whole thing and not specific modules.
Reply 68
yup then you're classed as a resit candidate. where are you applying? have you checked which one accepts resits and dont?
Reply 69
well to be honest, for medicine, ur a bit l8 for the 2007 entry
supersalo
I guess it's a proper resit, I did the A-Level over the normal 2 years in school, I'm now doing the entire A-Level all over again (taking just one year for both AS and A2) to bring the grade up. Doing the whole thing and not specific modules.

why resit all ? surely if there are some goodmodules you can leave those and if uve declkined ur grades then u can pick and choose modules
Reply 71
asjad_03
why resit all ? surely if there are some goodmodules you can leave those and if uve declkined ur grades then u can pick and choose modules

Good idea actually, although I can remember there being a reason why I couldn't do that. I'll have to look into that more I guess. One of the joys of being an independent candidate and teaching myself.
Reply 72
I am a resit candidate - but only because I missed an A by 2 UMS points:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . But currently I hold ABBa. So annoying!
danesh
I am a resit candidate - but only because I missed an A by 2 UMS points:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . But currently I hold ABBa. So annoying!

hey danesh -so wat unis have u applying for 2007 ? did u hold an offer for 2006 ? also any ext circumstances or just a normal resitter?
Reply 74
Just a normal resitter:

Im applying to:

Peninsula
Brighton & Sussex
Southampton
Hull & York
Reply 75
i didnt know that hyms accepted normal resitters
Reply 76
me either! maybe danesh held an offer with them last year? when i asked they said they don't accept resitters :frown:
Reply 77
oh *******s! They told me they would accept a resit!!!! Bloodey typical universities eh? Oh well, im gunning for PMS as my number one choice and i already fulfil their offer - so now i need only to prepare for the interview!!

I could alsways call up UCAS telling that there was a mistake made on my form and that HYMS should be KEELE - i tryed this last year with medicine courses and it worked out ok.
Reply 78
well if they told you they accept resits then they probably do! maybe its because you only missed your grade by a few marks? because i missed it by quite a lot! if you have it in writing then i dont see a problem...maybe check with them again?
hyms DEFINATELY DO ACCEPT normal resitters. Most of the yorkshire ones do , hyms do , sheffield accept normal resitters , leeds only accpet with ext circ.

oh btw danesh - did u hold an offer last year , if no , wat unis did u apply to last year ?

Latest

Trending

Trending