The Student Room Group

Choosing a level options

Hello!
Im wondering if anyone could help me?
Im hoping to go on and do a law degree but i am struggling to choose my a level options, I've called universities up and they don't have any specific entry requirements for subjects but they do need AAB, so any advice on what to take? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bellamichail
Hello!
Im wondering if anyone could help me?
Im hoping to go on and do a law degree but i am struggling to choose my a level options, I've called universities up and they don't have any specific entry requirements for subjects but they do need AAB, so any advice on what to take? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I also have/had a fair amount of interest in Law so consequently know quite a bit about it. As a general prereq, I would suggest essay related subjects such as History and English Language/Eng Lit as most law unis would like what they consider 'hard' subhects so the above 2 fulfil the criteria nicely. Also Id suggest breadth so consider something different such as a single science or maths if you are interested in anything like that. If not go right ahead and pick another essay subject or something like IT for variety. If you have any more questions message me directly! Oh and make sure you het tons of experience, Ive worked with 25 Bedford Row, Matrix chambers, Garden Court Law, Lawrence Lupin, 2 Hare Court chambers and a few others! Good luck!
History and English Literature for sure, because it involves alot of reading, writing and forming arguments. Not sure about what to do for your third subject, but I'd avoid subjects like Art and PE etc...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending