The Student Room Group

EPQ debate- THE CURE FOR CANCER: WORTH THE MONEY?

I would be super grateful if you guys could debate my question'The cure for cancer: worth the money?'500m was spent on cancer research last year. Is it worth it? No right or wrong answers of course!Thanks :smile:
It ultimately depends on what you think of 'worth'- for me human life holds no monetary value and I have absolutely no problem with the amount of money that is spent on it, considering how much money today is wasted on more trivial things. On a side note cancer research provides jobs, brings communities together and is inspiring and encouraging more and more students to be educated in science at a high level, so yes I definitely think it's worth it ! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CamilleClarke
It ultimately depends on what you think of 'worth'- for me human life holds no monetary value and I have absolutely no problem with the amount of money that is spent on it, considering how much money today is wasted on more trivial things. On a side note cancer research provides jobs, brings communities together and is inspiring and encouraging more and more students to be educated in science at a high level, so yes I definitely think it's worth it ! :smile:

I second this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest