The Student Room Group

UAL Television Production

Hey Im looking to do Live Events Managment and Television Production and was wondering if anyone could just answer a few questions for me , I live in dublin so dont know anybody in the college or course haha . What would i have to include in your portfolio and personal statement ? Your feedback would be so helpful
Thanks a million
Grace
Original post by gomarcaigh
Hey Im looking to do Live Events Managment and Television Production and was wondering if anyone could just answer a few questions for me , I live in dublin so dont know anybody in the college or course haha . What would i have to include in your portfolio and personal statement ? Your feedback would be so helpful
Thanks a million
Grace

Hi Grace,

I am currently a first year student at Bournemouth University studying BA Television Production.

Although I don't study at UAL, I can give you some info on my course here at Bournemouth.

In my personal statement I spoke about why I was passionate about TV Production, My A levels and how they are relevant to my chosen degree, then I went on to talk about relevant work experience (Or class work) and finally extra curriculum activities I have been involved with. Online you may be able to find examples of personal statements and different templates.

As a tip, maybe go to the University website and look at their course information. Try to incorporate this into your personal statement. For example, if they use words such as 'creative, motivate or flexible' try to draw upon examples of how you can demonstrate this.

What are you other options for your UCAS application?

I don't know if you have considered or looked into Bournemouth but it's BA Television Production course has a great reputation. It is held in Bournemouth's Media School, which is internationally recognised and we have great facilities such as the HD Studio and Avid editing suites.

On my course, its mostly practical. We do location and studio shoots every other week. It is fast paced but great fun and a fantastic way to learn about production!

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Gemma :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending