The Student Room Group

Helpppp foundation degree or not?

Hey Guys,

So i'm looking to apply to university for September 2015 and i'm currently on a gap year. Due to a lot of personal issues in my life, i wasn't able to get the grades i wanted to at A Level despite passing one of my subjects. Anyway, i really want to go to uni and study psychology and I was wondering is a foundation year a good option to take? I have been looking online and i can see they're mainly aimed at international students. But i feel i would really benefit from doing one then going on to a BSC psychology degree. Has anyone done a foundation degree before at university? What is it like? Am i taking the right route?

Thanks for any replies, it'll help as my deadline is next month. I have a personal statement. Also which uni's do good foundation years for psychology degrees?
Reply 1
Reply 2
Hey! I'm actually doing a foundation year at INTO London in January as I didn't get the grades I wanted in A-levels. From what I've heard from friends who have done a foundation year, it prepared them for the courses they intended to do in University. I'm not too sure about which universities are good in that degree though, you might want to go to QS ranking to check
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by J.Hwang
Hey! I'm actually doing a foundation year at INTO London in January as I didn't get the grades I wanted in A-levels. From what I've heard from friends who have done a foundation year, it prepared them for the courses they intended to do in University. I'm not too sure about which universities are good in that degree though, you might want to go to QS ranking to check

Thank you so so much for your response. I've been looking for the past two weeks and started to get disheartened but I've just contacted some uni's so hopefully I'll get a reply soon. Also good luck in starting in January. All the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending